Observing Chimpanzees at The Kimberly-Clark Chimpanzee Forest Exhibit at Dallas Zoo
– I observed chimpanzees in the Kimberly-Clark Chimpanzee Forest exhibit at the Dallas zoo. These African apes, like humans, are hominoids and fall into the larger category of catarrhines. Their scientific classification is Pan troglodytes. There were about ten chimpanzees in that habitat. Most of them were grown adults, except two children. They were robust and had black fur. The average weight of the chimps was listed on a display to be about 115 pounds. Grass made up their environment around which they traveled mostly on all fours, on their feet and their knuckles….
Becoming a Section 8 Landlord
– Becoming a section 8 landlord is a relatively simple process to complete. As of 2009 there are two specific ways to lease your property through the section 8 program. Both consist of completing many documents and allowing for inspectors to view your property. Althought, the process can be long, many section 8 landlords believe it is well worth the wait. What is the Section 8 program. Section 8 is a government ran program that subsidizes the rent for qualified low-income families. The majority of participants are single women with children or disabled individuals….
Becoming a Section 8 Landlord
– The Section 8 housing program is a government ran program that subsidizes the rent for qualified low-income families. The majority of participants are single women with children or disabled individuals. The participants will posses a voucher approved with a set amount of monies to use toward rent. If the participant remains compliant to all the program rules, he or she can receive assistance for many years. Becoming a section 8 property owner is a relatively simple process. However, as with any government program there is a lot of paperwork to complete before the issuing of rental payments….
The Zoo Story
– Edward Albee once said, "Every honest work is a personal or private yowl, a statement of one’s individual pleasure or pain;. The Zoo Story shows the attempt of the character Jerry to make a statement about himself, his life, his pleasure, his pain. It is, in effect, his ;yowl.; Language is his means. Albee shows that language does indeed have the potential to ;facilitate authentic communication; between Jerry and Peter (738). As the play begins, Jerry announces that ;every once in awhile I like to talk to somebody, really talk; like to get to know somebody, know all about him.; He is eager to identify with someone, anyone really…. ;
The Role of Women in The Zoo Story
– The Role of Women in The Zoo Story Although the women characters in “The Zoo Story” are never front and center staged, they have leading roles in shaping the conditions and sensibilities of Jerry and Peter. The women referred to by each of the male characters affects, or has affected, their perceptions and routines in life. Jerry has had many encounters with various women, while Peter speaks only of three. The quantity of women roles in each man’s life is not the dominate cause of their behaviors; it is the quality of the women….