The Zoo Story
– Edward Albee once said, "Every honest work is a personal or private yowl, a statement of one’s individual pleasure or pain;. The Zoo Story shows the attempt of the character Jerry to make a statement about himself, his life, his pleasure, his pain. It is, in effect, his ;yowl.; Language is his means. Albee shows that language does indeed have the potential to ;facilitate authentic communication; between Jerry and Peter (738). As the play begins, Jerry announces that ;every once in awhile I like to talk to somebody, really talk; like to get to know somebody, know all about him.; He is eager to identify with someone, anyone really…. ;
The Role of Women in The Zoo Story
– The Role of Women in The Zoo Story Although the women characters in “The Zoo Story” are never front and center staged, they have leading roles in shaping the conditions and sensibilities of Jerry and Peter. The women referred to by each of the male characters affects, or has affected, their perceptions and routines in life. Jerry has had many encounters with various women, while Peter speaks only of three. The quantity of women roles in each man’s life is not the dominate cause of their behaviors; it is the quality of the women….
Observing Chimpanzees at The Kimberly-Clark Chimpanzee Forest Exhibit at Dallas Zoo
– I observed chimpanzees in the Kimberly-Clark Chimpanzee Forest exhibit at the Dallas zoo. These African apes, like humans, are hominoids and fall into the larger category of catarrhines. Their scientific classification is Pan troglodytes. There were about ten chimpanzees in that habitat. Most of them were grown adults, except two children. They were robust and had black fur. The average weight of the chimps was listed on a display to be about 115 pounds. Grass made up their environment around which they traveled mostly on all fours, on their feet and their knuckles….
Understanding and Awareness – A Woman at Washington Zoo
– Randall Jarrell was born in Nashville, Tennessee on May 6, 1914 to Owen and Anna Jarrell. He spent part of his childhood in California, but moved back to Nashville and attented Hume Fogg High School from 1927 to 1931 where he excelled in tennis, drama, and journalism. He then attended Vanderbilt University in 1932 and graduated Phi Beta Kappa in 1935. His first published poems appeared in 1934 in an issue of The American Review. Jarrell the proceded to teach at many colleges including Princeton and The University of Texas where he met his future wife Mackie Langham….
Nightmare Zoo: The Surabaya Zoo of Indonesia
– Picture this- you live the first few years of your life happy with your family. You live in a nice house, your family is healthy, and you have a nice community of people around you. Then, out of nowhere, you are captured. You are scared- you do not know where you are, where you are going, or where your family is. After what seems like an eternity, you wake up in a small, dirty cage. The cage is just big enough for you to stand and walk eight paces. The cage is littered with trash and is just terrible smelling….