Analysis and Description of Synthetic Biology
– Synthetic biology, “the aim is to create improved biological functions to fight current and future challenges”. Like all engineering disciples’ synthetic biology is motivated by application to solve specific problems” (3, 7). “Like chemistry biology is the study of living things. Synthetic biology is replicating and recreating nature, which allows it to sometimes control living things (6). Larger quantities of Artemisinin a drug for malaria will be due to the new E coli strain. Thoughts are that it may be able to produce food, optimize industrial processing and detect, prevent and cure cancer (1, 3)….
Dangers of Synthetics
– These synthetic drugs are known by many different names including spice, herbal incense, synthetic cannabis, herbal smoke, and potpourri. And within each of these marketing categories there are numerous brand names like Spice, Scentsi Star, Zombie Matter, etc. They are typically sold online or in head shops–novelty stores that sell cannabis paraphernalia. The substance generally comes in foil packages with colorful designs and labels and is relatively inexpensive costing $15-25 for 1-3 gram packages….
Synthetic Biology: Promises and Perils
– Synthetic Biology: Promises and Perils In May 2010, researchers at the J. Craig Venter Institute (JCVI) in San Diego announced the construction of the first “synthetic” organism, a bacterium powered by an artificially synthesized genome.1 While the de novo generation of life remains beyond scientific reach (the JCVI team transplanted the synthetic genome into an existing Mycoplasma recipient cell), the implications of Venter’s experimental success are profound. A milestone in the nascent field of synthetic biology, JCVI’s pioneering achievement has inspired prospects for the creation of highly customized genomes with agricultural, environmental, and pharmaceutical applications….
Advantages and Feasibility of Using Synthetic Oils in Production Vehicles
– ABSTRACT During a recent company meeting, we discussed the benefits of substituting a synthetic based motor oil for the conventional petroleum based oil now used in our new production vehicles. This report investigates the advantages and feasibility of using synthetic oils. Several oil manufacturers, as well as top engineers and engine builders, have submitted first hand information on this topic and strongly support the use of synthetic oil. The use of this product will benefit our company in may ways, Singlehandedly, synthetic oils will boost power and fuel economy of every one of our vehicles, giving us high marks with prospective buyers of new vehicles as well as environmental agencie…
The Advanced Materials Revolution
– Steel: (for all intents and purposes) was invented in 1855 by Henry Bessemer(Mary Bellis). Science the amazing innovation that has changed the world incredible things have been made from the material from bridged cables and cross beams to arresting wires on aircraft carriers that stop monumental force and speed. It is truly an amazing martial, but eventually it snaps, breaks or tears due to the separation of the molecules. Also steel is not the most flexible material there is which may sound good for what it is used for, construction….