Journalism On The Internet
– Journalism on the Internet The common forms of media in today’s world each have both advantages and disadvantages. The Internet has been around for an almost equal amount of time as most of them, but only recently has it become a popular way of retrieving information. The Internet takes the best of all other medium and combines them into a very unique form. The Internet is the best way to retrieve information. This combination of paper publishing, TV, radio, telephones, and mail is the future of communications…. ;
Replacement Advertising on the Web – Is it Legally and Ethically
– Replacement Advertising on the Web – Is it Legally and Ethically Acceptable. Summary ======= This report discusses the legality and ethics of a new piece of software launched in February 2001, which allows ISP’s to overlay advertising banners on any web page on the net with adverts sold by, and controlled by them. Investigations led to discussions about Copyright infringement and European Competition Law. Many examples of Case Law were also investigated for their possible links with issues arising from the use of this software….
Social Media Platforms that Strategic Communicators
– Introduction: As journalists’ we have had to modify traditional media to web-based newspapers and learn to produce live information regarding situations. Technology has not only changed the traditional practices of journalist but has challenged strategic communication methods as well. Individuals in the public relations field, as well as in advertising, have stretched their creativity to new levels in order to reach an audience consumed with technology. This paper will give examples of social media platforms that strategic communicators, such as those in public relations, advertising, and marketing, have used to reach audiences in new ways….
The Future of Journalism
– Thirty years ago, if I told you that the primary means of communicating and disseminating information would be a series of interconnected computer networks you would of thought I was watching Star Trek or reading a science fiction novel. In 2010, the future of mass media is upon us today; the Internet. The Internet is and will only grow in the future as the primary means of delivering news, information and entertainment to the vast majority of Americans. Mass media as we know it today will take new shape and form in the next few years with the convergence and migration of three legacy mediums (Television, Radio, Newspaper) into one that is based on the Internet and will replace these mediums…
Ethics in Journalism: The Past and Now
– From the times of Walter Williams to now, journalism and especially ethics have been changing. Ethics in journalism is very important for journalists in today’s society. Williams was a 20th century journalist that founded the first American journalism school, the School of Journalism at Indiana University (Ibold). He brought a global perspective to journalism at a critical point while American journalism and code of ethics were developing (Ibold). Everything changes with time. So, has ethics in journalism changed from the past to now….