The Culture of Weaving Across the World
– Weaving Across the World Weaving is a common thread among cultures around the world. Weaving is a way of producing cloth or textile. Today we have machines that weave large-scale textiles at cheap prices. Production of cloth by hand is rarely engaged in today’s Westernized societies. Not many people are thinking about how the fibers are actually constructed to make their clothes. However, in other cultures across the world the tradition of weaving still exists. By comparing three cultures that continue weaving as a part of their tradition we can see similarities and the differences between them….
Recycling and Weaving
– I began combining recycling and weaving in the early 1970s. I was a new weaver and newly married. I studied weaving in college and became interested in recycling at the 1974 Spokane World’s Fair after seeing a display on the environmental movement which was still in its infancy. My first recycled rug was made from a bag of brightly colored shirts bought at a thrift shop bag sale for $1. While it made an interesting rug, it convinced me of the need for more expedient methods of preparation. Throughout the 70’s, I tried to find new sources for weaving material….
Robert Nozick?s Happiness and the Experience Machine
– … This is clearly shown by comparing two different lives but with the same amount of happiness in them, one is slopes continuously upward to increasing happiness in their entire lives as time goes on. The other life slopes continuously downward. Despite the equal amount of happiness, the first one seems like more satisfactory life. There are always good in the future to expect, and things are always getting better. The second situation has the added pleasures of remembering past happiness, though things continue to slopes downward….
– 1. Introduction Humans can expand their knowledge to adapt the changing environment. To do that they must “learn”. Learning can be simply defined as the acquisition of knowledge or skills through study, experience, or being taught. Although learning is an easy task for most of the people, to acquire new knowledge or skills from data is too hard and complicated for machines. Moreover, the intelligence level of a machine is directly relevant to its learning capability. The study of machine learning tries to deal with this complicated task….
TransJakarta Busway Operator Improvement
– 1. Introduction Since repulsive traffic situations nowadays getting increasingly occurs in Jakarta, a heart of Indonesian economy city, TransJakarta as Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) system expected to be alternative completion cope with this issue (Hook and Ernst 2005). Within almost ten years operated on 2004 (TransJakarta 2011), TransJakarta operating systems still has require substantial improvement facing a never end congestion and other problems come about (Hook 2003). Reflecting to these matters, one of key points of project implementation on B2B circumstance is collaborativing activity among actors which aline with the market in service ecosystem outlook (Vargo and Lusch 2011)….