Type of Solar Collectors
– Classification of solar collectors ? The classification is based on the way they collect solar radiation. The non-concentrating type absorbs the radiation as it is received on the surface of the collector while the concentrating type first increases the concentration of radiation per unit area before absorbing it. ? Further, based on the technique employed for concentration of radiation, the concentrating type is further categorized into focus and non-focus types. The focus type is further subdivided into line and point focus depending on the focusing method….
Miranda Grey and Frederick Clegg from The Collector by John Fowles
– Miranda Grey and Frederick Clegg from The Collector by John Fowles Miranda Grey and Frederick Clegg are the main characters that are interpreted in the text The Collector, by John Fowles. Both characters correspond to different classes in society. John Fowles uses the concept of the implied reader, in which he ‘speaks to’ a specific reader in mind in an attempt to have the story interpreted in a particular way. Fowles expects us to read Miranda as an intelligent, mentally independent being part of the upper class, but at the same time, an arrogant “liberal humanist snob” (Radhakrishna Rao, www.freshlimesoda.com/reviews/thecollector.html)….
– John Fowles, utilizes classic fairy tale as portrayed by other literary works to structure his narration in The Collector. He tells his version of a fairy tale by creating the characters of Clegg and Miranda to mirror Ferdinand and Miranda in The Tempest, Romeo and Juliet, the Prince and Belle in Beauty and the Beast. The Collector and the aforementioned tales are similar not in the circumstances of the narrative, but the traditional dichotomy of captor and captive, good and evil, love and hate, that the characters of Clegg and Miranda portray….
The Nail Collector’s House
– … Soft, indirect sunlight offer the restful atmosphere needed for a concentrating author, which is appropriately provided by north and west facing windows (see Fig. 1). Additionally, the classic’s main adventurer sails across his world through much of his journey, so the ship-invoking form is fitting to the home’s theme. The small dwelling interacts with the New England landscape in a way that reflects the philosophy of Henry David Thoreau, a poet and leading Naturalist of the mid-19th century…. ;
Dirty Water and Water Benefits
– Water Benefits Health.com stated, “Forty percent of America’s rivers are too polluted for fishing, swimming or aquatic life. Much of today’s water is dealing with water pollution. According to lenntech.com “Water pollution is any chemical, physical or biological change in the quality of water that has a harmful effect on any living thing that drinks or uses or lives (in) it” (“What is Water Pollution” 1). Water pollution is not only dangerous to humans but also very dangerous to our ecosystems. Fish, plants, water and other organisms are living in our ecosystems…. ;