Aquaculture and Shrimp Culture
– Aquaculture in general and shrimp culture in particular have recently been developing strategies of super-intensive cultures without water exchange. This approach addresses environmental questions raised by both society and the scientific community regarding sustainable development concepts which demand a convergence of ecological prudence, economic efficiency and social equity in all human activities (Bailey, 1988; Brown, 1989; Pruder, 1992; Macintosh and Phillips, 1992; Kinkelin and Michel, 1992; Pe? rez, 1993; Currie, 1994; Primavera, 1994; Rosenthal, 1994; Larsson et al., 1995; Kestemont, 1995)….
Biofuel and Aquaculture
– Biofuel and aquaculture are two of many industries that extract resources from ecological systems. For either corn-based biodiesel or finfish farming, the production process acquires feedstock from energy-fixing ecological systems such as farm fields and oceans. In cases such as intensified salmon farming, large amount of supplement is applied including fish meal and fish oil obtained from other ecological systems such as wild ocean (Naylor et al, 2000). For residue-derived biofuel and shellfish agriculture, energy input from external ecosystems, although relatively small, is still necessary to meet the energy needs….
Worker Health and Safety in Bangladesh
– Workers Health and Safety Not only do the United States Companies have obligations to workers who produce apparel they market. More importantly, these Americans businesses have authority to correct unlawful violations. In addition, customers rely on merchants’ good will and standing when evaluating the makers of their products. For example, according to Sherman (2013), those global clothing buyers, mainly the United States companies, have a job to execute guaranteeing security of Bangladesh’s apparel workers”….
The Malta Aquaculture Research Center
– The environment is all that surrounds us and it is thus the place where we exist and live. However, since humans are terrestrial organisms, when the word “environment” is mentioned, the marine environment doesn’t usually come to mind. My biology site visit, at secondary level, was at the M.A.R.C and it was there that my eyes were opened to the continuous and laborious work that takes place in the background, away from all public knowledge. Hence, I decided to take on this project so as to learn into further depth what takes place at such centers and how such centers aim at trying to combat unsustainable fishing by trying to produce fish on a commercial scale….
Aquaculture Can Help Feed the World’s Growing Populatin
– Much like land, the Ocean holds bounty for humans, the riches coming in the form of fish. With 90 million tons of seafood being fished from the ocean every year (Walsh, Ramzy and Horn). The Ocean, once looked at as an endless source of food, has continued to become more depleted over the last five decades. The Food and Agriculture Organization reports” that 32% of global fish stocks are overexploited, depleted or recovering and in need to be urgently rebuilt”. (“The State of World Fisheries and Aquaculture”) While larger species of fish such as marlin, swordfish and tuna have been fished out by as much as 90% (“The State of World Fisheries and Aquaculture”)…. ;