The Blind Watchmaker by Richard Dawkins
– In The Blind Watchmaker, evolutionary biologist, Richard Dawkins provides arguments to support the validity of Darwin’s theories of mutation, cumulative evolution, and natural selection as the only plausible explanations for the evolution of living organisms. In Chapter 7, Dawkins discusses the main concepts of the “arms race” and the “Red Queen Hypothesis”, the concept that organisms must continuously adapt and evolve in conjunction in response to the different selection pressures organisms and the environment place on each other….
Evidence for Information Processing in the Brain
– I’ll show in an initial section (I.) that the kind of analogy between life and information – that seems to be central to the effect that artificial mind may represents an expected advance in the life evolution in Universe – is like the design argument and that if the design argument is invalid, the argument to the effect that artificial mind may represents an expected advance in the life evolution in Universe is also unfounded and invalid. However, if we are prepared to admit (though we should not do) this method of reasoning as valid, I’ll show in an second section (II.), that the analogy between life and information to the effect that artificial mind may represents an expected advance in…
The Teleological Argument
– William Paley and David Hume’s argument over God’s existence is known as the teleological argument, or the argument from design. Arguments from design are arguments concerning God or some type of creator’s existence based on the ideas of order or purpose in universe. Hume takes on the approach of arguing against the argument of design, while Paley argues for it. Although Hume and Paley both provide very strong arguments, a conclusion will be drawn at the end to distinguish which philosophiser holds a stronger position….
Origins of the Watch making Industry
– Origins of the Watch making Industry The production of watches was a major industry of Great Britain for hundreds of years. Watch making originated in Europe in the early 16th century, when coiled springs were first used to power clocks. Clocks were powered by weights originally, and therefore remained stationary. The springs meant that clocks could be moved for the first time, and soon, German clockmakers started to make very small clocks, which are considered as the earliest watches made. Watch making was the most advanced line of the clock making industry, which developed when Blacksmiths started introducing their skills with metal to clock making….
Violence in America: The Representation of Violence in the Media
– … Web. 5 May 2014. Crimesider Staff. “Andrew Conley, ‘Dexter’ Admirer, Has Life Sentence for Murder Upheld by Ind. Court.” CBS News. CBS Interactive, 1 Aug. 2012. Web. 5 May 2014. “Crocodile.” Dexter. Dir. Michael Cuesta. Perf. Michael C. Hall, Jennifer Carpenter, and Julie Benz. Showtime Networks, 2006. Netflix. The Dark Knight. Dir. Christopher Nolan. Perf. Christian Bale, Heath Ledger, Maggie Gyllenhaal, and Aaron Eckhart. Warner Bros, 2008. DVD. “Dexter.” Dexter. Dir. Michael Cuesta. Perf….