Vocational and Technical Teachers in Malaysia
– An issue arises whether the teachers in this country are ready to face and handle the challenges due to the birth of technology especially ICT in and out of school and due to the fact that the latest technology has acquired unique characteristics with lack of appropriate professional development, for these reasons it is necessary for teachers to be ready in terms of their knowledge, skills and also attitude in order to fully exploit the advantages in ICT (Rosnaini Mahmud, 2006). According to Ely (1995) the stress should not be on the technology itself but more on the teachers who will decide on the purpose in using the technology, how it is utilized and evaluates the effect of its use….
Health Education Systems in Finland, Norway, and Ethiopia
– Health education is any combination of learning experiences designed to help individuals and communities improve their health, by increasing their knowledge or influencing their attitudes (WHO 2013). According to WHO it is important to have skilled health workers which have technical competencies so that they can available to different kind of people. (WHO 2013.) The study of nursing is an education in a profession of health care. Nurses are responsible for giving quality health care for everyone….
The Importance of Vocational Education
– … Due to this segregation of educational types and values between secondary schools and Vocational schools there was evidence of class and societal inequalities. This is evident in the following statement regarding Vocational education; ‘those whose education does not lend itself to educational treatment (e.g. shop messengers, those whose operations are automatic and require no mental effort)’ (Coolahan, 1984, p.125). Syllabi and courses Technical education was provided in the Vocational school setting which prepared a student for particular employment usually craft and skill based….
Vocational Education Vs. Standardized Testing
– Plenty of schools focus on the scores that come from standardized testing. Though standardized testing is not going to help a student get to where they need to be in order to gain their career. In fact, standardized tests are mainly being used to measure a teacher’s ability to teach (Manalo 1). Why are schools basing their curriculum on standardized test scores rather than teaching vocational education courses that will help students later on in their lives. There are many different vocational courses which include; nursing, food ethics, computer solving, office management, and even cosmetology….
Adding International Perspectives to Vocational Education
– Adding International Perspectives to Vocational Education International work opportunities are increasing as the borders of the U.S. economy expand to embrace international markets. Future workers will need to develop global awareness and an understanding of competitive, cultural, and economic factors that influence ways of doing business in order to work in the international arena. This Digest examines the instructional approaches and strategies used in vocational education to prepare students to work in a global environment….