The Importance of Vocational Education
– … Due to this segregation of educational types and values between secondary schools and Vocational schools there was evidence of class and societal inequalities. This is evident in the following statement regarding Vocational education; ‘those whose education does not lend itself to educational treatment (e.g. shop messengers, those whose operations are automatic and require no mental effort)’ (Coolahan, 1984, p.125). Syllabi and courses Technical education was provided in the Vocational school setting which prepared a student for particular employment usually craft and skill based….
Vocational and Technical Teachers in Malaysia
– An issue arises whether the teachers in this country are ready to face and handle the challenges due to the birth of technology especially ICT in and out of school and due to the fact that the latest technology has acquired unique characteristics with lack of appropriate professional development, for these reasons it is necessary for teachers to be ready in terms of their knowledge, skills and also attitude in order to fully exploit the advantages in ICT (Rosnaini Mahmud, 2006). According to Ely (1995) the stress should not be on the technology itself but more on the teachers who will decide on the purpose in using the technology, how it is utilized and evaluates the effect of its use….
Technical Education to Career Opportunities
– Technical education is not the same today it was years ago, “in the past vocational education was frequently seen as a placement for the students who could not make the grade in academic courses,”(1) or vocational education was thought only to be for students that are not going to college, possible dropouts, or students that have special needs. Today, this negative opinion is starting to change. Among high school students, nearly all will take some vocational courses, “80 percent take at least one occupationally specific vocational course, and one in eight academic students actually take more vocational courses than vocational students do.”(3) On the job training and the vocational educati…
Health Education Systems in Finland, Norway, and Ethiopia
– Health education is any combination of learning experiences designed to help individuals and communities improve their health, by increasing their knowledge or influencing their attitudes (WHO 2013). According to WHO it is important to have skilled health workers which have technical competencies so that they can available to different kind of people. (WHO 2013.) The study of nursing is an education in a profession of health care. Nurses are responsible for giving quality health care for everyone….
My Personal Philosophy of Education
– Personal Philosophy of Education I would not be considered your typical college student in search of an education degree. I am a 31 year old male, married, with two children, and working on my second career. My previous life consisted of working in the coal mines till I was injured. My injury, however, is considered a blessing in disguise. My injury has leaded me to the world of education. I have seen first hand the difference an educator can make in the life of a child; the child was my own son….