Do You Have What it Takes to be a Video Game Designer?
– Children born in today’s times should be thankful for the fact that they are living in an era where they have a multitude of academic opportunities compared to their previous generation. Indeed, there was a time when people would consider only a select few fields as rewarding both professionally and financially. However, the past couple of decades or so have brought about a change in that mentality and now fields like video game design are being considered important. Now people wishing to have a career as a video game designer can not only count it as a viable option but can also explore what this field has to offer through different sources….
Creating Fantasies: I Want to be A Game Designer
– Creating Fantasies The next step toward advancing technology was to create the first video game. In 1952, a British programmer created the first graphical computer game of tic-tac-toe. In October 1958, physicist William Higinbotham created what is thought to be the first video game. The game was called Tennis for Two. In order to play these games, gaming consoles are needed. So, the Magnavox Odyssey was made in 1972. Game designing is a very tedious process, but it is worth it at the end. There are character, level, perfection, sound effect, and action designers….
The Negative Effects of Violent Video Games
– In recent years our society has experienced many tragic school shootings in which teens have committed heinous crimes for no apparent reason. The question has become who is to blame or what inspired these attacks on these innocent victims. This question has become an epidemic in our country. We live in a violent world and young people have easy access to it whether it’s on television, in music or on the Internet. But with the explosion of media entertainment in recent years, video games have come under scrutiny as to whether or not violence in video games numbs children and teens to the consequences of real-life violence…. ;
Violence, Aggression, Addiction Equals Violent Video Games
– “Stop it!” a mom screamed at her 13 years old son who is misbehaving with her in public. They are in a game shop trying to buy a game that her son wants as a reward for his academic achievements at school. But then why does not Mom wants to buy it. “Son, this is not for you. This game is for people who are over eighteen,” Mom explained. “But Mom, my friends always play them. When I went to Tommy’s house last weekend, I played it also. And it was fun!” Son declared. This is a typical argument I have heard between parents and their children as I used work in a game store before…. ;
Exploring the Video Game, “Call of Duty: World at War”
– What a game it was. The ultimate first person shooter had the qualities to be the best video game on Xbox 360. Everyone loved Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare from the designer Infinity Ward. It was thought by many people that it will take a long time before another addition was made to the Call of Duty series; however it took only a week for the publishers, Activision to announce the new Call of Duty: World at War. Although, the new game was announced, it was quite disappointing when it was said it was going to be created by Treyarch, the other creators of Call of Duty games…. ;