Omer Fast vs. Gary Hill Video Artist
– … It displayed images of the World Trade Center, a map of Afghanistan, the subtitles where The Hunt for Bin Laden, Homeland Security and After The Taliban. There’s a historical, personal and recollection of memory that Fast used for the viewer to experience from this video. I believe Fast chose these images giving the historical events of 9/11 and how it can play with the viewer’s memory. As the viewer, these images reminded me of where I was at the time of the attacks. I remember the silence of the classroom and everybody in shock in disbelief of what had just occurred….
Career as a Concept Artist
– The employment outlook in my area for a Concept Artist in Video Game Development isn’t too promising. Nebraska isn’t the metropolis for technological employment like this, thus I would have to relocate to somewhere along the East or West Coasts, where jobs are more available than they are in the mid-west. This is due to the fact that a lot of the Game Publishing companies, such as Blizzard Entertainment, Monolith Games, a subdivision of Warner Bros. Entertainment, require an applicant to work on-site….
A Brief Biography of Storm Thorgerson
– It is quite difficult for someone of the western world to have never seen any of Storm’s work. Like most, my introduction to his work was through the well-oiled, finely tuned mammoth of machine called Pink Floyd; an amazing band (I might add) who grew up with Storm. Nearly all the artwork published under the guise of Floyd is thanks to Storm and his colleagues at Hipgnosis and Storm Studios. You could say Storm caught a few breaks in his career. He was lucky enough to know one of the most famous rock acts of the 20th century, as of which opened doors to success and fame that few designers ever achieve….
Video Games: A New Experience?
– In 1972, the famous video game Pong was released and quickly became the first popular arcade game. A simple game based on ping-pong with archaic graphic design and controls. Thirty-nine years later we have gone from Pong to elaborate Hollywood style games that are based around narrative like Call of Duty or Metal Gear Solid. Video games have come from simply being games to becoming what some argue is a new medium for narrative that can tell a story uniquely and completely unlike film and literature….
Okami – Video Games as Art
– Over the past decade, there has been an ongoing debate over whether video games can be deemed as art. While most are in favor, there have been some detractors (most famously, the late Roger Ebert of the Chicago Sun-Times). Meanwhile, that hasn’t stopped museums from taking on the challenge of making video game-focused exhibits – most notably, the Smithsonian American Art Museum in Washington, DC and the Museum of the Moving Image in Queens, NY. During my summer holiday, I was able to see the Museum of the Moving Image’s video games exhibit in action and came away very impressed at the selection of games that were there – ranging from arcade classics like Space Invaders to newer titles like…