The Articles of Confederation
– The Articles of Confederation During the Revolutionary period, the United States and Britain had many conflicts. Between 1763-1776, there were issues among these two countries. Between 1780-1789, there were issues about the federal government and the states under the Articles of Confederation. Two of these issues happened to be the foreign affairs between Britain and the United States, and the economy of the federal government. Subsequently following the French and Indian War, which happened to be where the British fought for the American colonies, Britain was in great need to pay its debts….
The Articles of Confederation
– A few hundred years ago, the United States first Constitution, the Articles of Confederation, was created. This Constitution created a weak central government in order to give the people the rights that they deserve. This plan of government, however, proved to be too weak and it could not control the people or pay the debts that the country had acquired from the Revolutionary War. One of the many problems of the Articles of Confederation was that it had no power to collect taxes(wikipedia.org)….
The Articles of Confederation and the US Constitution
– After the Revolutionary War, the newly formed United States still had a major task ahead of them. They had to form a new government that would satisfy the demands of the people and ensure the success of their nation. The Articles of Confederation was the first system of government that was proposed and put into effect. This attempt at creating a system that protected the people form a strong central government ultimately failed but was an important step in the development of the current government system….
Factual Information and Opinions in One Article
– The social context of the article is the way our genes program us, specifically, how one gene can have the ability to affect whether we are slim or fat. The latter is also directly related to health problems that can be acquired when obese, such as diabetes and heart disease. The article was found in the science section of The Guardian, so the likely audience of this article would have been people interested in scientific research about genetics, academics and everyone in between, as the article speaks of an issue that affects the general population….
The Organization of the Constitution vs. the Articles of Confederation
– The Constitution is a very well organized and well thought out document that holds strong bases for the future of America, unlike the Articles of Confederation. The constitution is ultimately more detailed and intricate, giving a less questionable guideline to any future problems which may come to rise. For example, the Articles of Confederation gives us Congress, unicameral. The Constitution gives us Congress, and divides it into the Senate and the House of Representatives, becoming bicameral and more balanced in power….