A Career as a Geographical Information System Analyst
– … During this period the pioneering group established the concepts of modern GIS technology. The change of data and computers started to happen in the 1980’s. Spatial database management systems developed which linked computer mapping capabilities with the traditional databases. In the mid- 1980’s the nature of data and the processing determined the data structure in the general consensus. GIS continuously grew in the 90’s and will continue to change more and more to keep intact with today’s technology….
Change Management at The Bank of Queensland LTD
– Introduction The purpose of this paper is to review a job advertisement from The Bank of Queensland LTD. (BOQ). The advertisement is for a Change Analyst within the HRD area with responsibilities in delivering change documentation and programs relating to the introduction of new software during the 2014 financial year. BOQ Background BOQ is a franchised operation based in Brisbane, Queensland Australia, operating in over 270 branches across all states of Australia (BOQ, 2013). BOQ Franchisees are known as Owner-Managers (BOQ, 2013a)….
User Profile Acquisition Approaches
– There are various types of user profile acquisition approaches, which are classified into five groups: (1) data mining, (2) statistics and network analysis, (3) Information retrieval, (4) machine Learning and (5) Cognitive. Most of the methods are dealing with static Websites except a couple of methods that can be applied on dynamic Websites (Nasraoui & Rojas, 2003). The method employs data mining techniques such as a frequent pattern and reference mining found from (Holland et al., 2003; KieBling & Kostler, 2002) and (Ivancy & Vajk, 2006)….
Computer Systems Analyst
– Computer Systems Analyst I push the button, I hear a noise, the screen comes alive. My computer loads up and starts to process. I see the start screen for Windows 95, and I type in my password. Even though this takes time, I know that I will be able to do whatever I want to do without any trouble, without any glitches, without any questions. My computer is now easier to use and more user friendly because computer systems analysts have worked out the problems that many computer systems still have….
The ESRI International User Conference 2010
– The ESRI International User Conference 2010 is considered one of the largest Geographic Information System (GIS) conferences in the world, with more than 134 countries and over 6,000 organizations whose staff attended the conference. This was ESRI 30th International User conference. During the user conference, ESRI introduced newly released ArcGIS 10 software and provided training seminars for various ESRI software applications and GIS concepts. The ESRI training and white paper presentation topics included: • ArcGIS Desktop Programming 10 • ArcServer and ArcGIS Configuration 10 • Cartography • Cloud Computing • Data Integration • Geocoding • Geodatabase Architecture • Geodatabase Theory…