Edith Abbott and her Contribution to Social Work
– … Major Contributions: Edith spent the majority of her career trying to change the way social work was taught in Universities around the nation. She also spoke out on controversial issues, for example, her opposition to World War I and the immigration laws that followed; she battled for labor laws to be created to protect workingwomen from exploitation (“National”, n.d.). Edith believed that social work was both a cultural and disciplinary subject, and that preparation for the field could not be delegated to other places within a University (Wisner, 1958)….
Ethics of the Student and Professor Relationship
– When discussing the importance of professional boundaries in mental health work, most people think first of relationships between psychotherapists and clients. However, similar boundary considerations are relevant for professor–student relationships, supervisor–supervisee relationships, consultant–consultee relationships, and researcher–participant relationships. Although different dynamics are at play, the relationships psychologists have with each other, with other professionals, and with the general public have boundaries that warrant ethical consideration as well….
Art Professor as a Career
– If I was to choose any career, I would want to be a college art professor. An art professor teaches college students how to express them selves in a preferred medium such as painting or sculpting. Im sure teaching art would hone my skills in the medium I enjoy which is sketching portraits with either charcoal or ink. Like most professors, art professors are usually experienced in their favored medium. I feel like all educators should not just know what they are teaching but also know how to do what they teach, a math teacher should be educated in math to be able to teach it, a football coach must be immensely experienced in the sport so that he can teach his players to a professional standar…
What A Professor Learned By Becoming A Student
– My Freshman Year- What A Professor Learned By Becoming A Student by Rebekah Nathan is about a college professor who investigates college students’ lifestyle in their freshman year. There has been many times when college professors have assigned a great deal of work and expected it to be due in a short period of time. To the professors, they may think a week is enough time. However, to students like myself it looks to be only two or three days. As college students, especially in our freshman year, we have a lot of pressure….
Reasons to Go to University
– … There are a lot of students that come from a fortuneless family and tend to overcome their condition. An acceleration of this reaction begins, thus graduates progress to higher levels in companies and to correspondently higher salaries. In addition to that some students consider that going to university improves their social life due to the fact they are no longer under the guidance of their parents and they have the freedom that they always have wished for. However they don’t have the responsibility of work and own family yet….