The Development of Heavy Equipment
– Imagine a world where the only earthmoving is what can shovel, and everything was pulled by draft animals. Up until 1850, when the steam traction was popularized, man power, draft animals, and a few simple machines was how earth was moved. Without the ability to change the contour of the land, structures had to be built in areas where the land had the proper contour. The need to move more earth more efficiently and change the lay of the land would grow as time went on. The power of steam has long been know….
Safety Training for the Heavy Equipment Industry
– … Employees who have several years of experience may view the training as unnecessary. However, one study shows that training programs have been found to reduce injury in 71% and 66% of the companies polled found that they increased the likelihood of earning additional contracts (Professional Safety, 2014). Understanding the impact that safety has not only on employee’s well-being but on the reputation of the company is important to impress on employees. There are a variety of sources available on safety training….
Experiential and Constructivist Learning
– Experiential and Constructivist Learning Experiential approach to learning can be an extremely effective form of learning, especially for adults. Confucius said “Tell me, and I will forget. Show me and I may remember” and that saying still applies to today as many adults learn better by experience than they do by the traditional chalk and talk (Conlan, Grabowski & Smith, 2012). The following essay will discuss how to utilize experiential learning in a heavy equipment construction company. It will illustrate how to facilitate student employee learning by doing….
T.A.L.O.S. Tactical Assault Light Operator Suit
– Understand how yesterday’s imagined technology is effecting our current technological basis. We take a step back and look at “cause and effect.” Because we have imagined characters like Iron Man, Halo, and the video game Mech Assault, we wonder what it would be like to be in that character’s shoes. These ideas and fantasies may seem harmless as a movie or game although it has affected a few individuals to the point of wanting to make a real suit out of a dream. “The goal is to begin integrating capabilities over the next 12 months and have the first suit ready for full field testing in four to five years.” said Michel Fieldson, TALOS lead, SOCOM….
Industrial Pollutants: Heavy Metals and Their Salts
– 1. Introduction Heavy metals and their salts (Cu, Zn, Hg, Pb, Co, Ni,) are widespread industrial pollutants. In the waters they come from natural sources (rocks, the surface layers of soil and groundwater), the wastewater of many industrial enterprises and precipitation, which are polluted with smoke emissions. Heavy metals as trace elements are constantly encountered in natural waters and aquatic bodies. Depending on the geochemical conditions of the wide variations in their level. Heavy metals are quite stable….