The Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority Case Study
– Introduction The Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA) is one of the largest transit systems in the United States. It is the ninth largest system, transporting over 550,000 passengers daily. MARTA provides bus and rapid rail service to the most of the metropolitan area of Atlanta. The transit agency was established in 1971 with the passage of an authorizing referendum by voters in Fulton and DeKalb counties and the city of Atlanta. MARTA is a public authority that operates under Georgia law….
Baltimore and Ohio Railroad
– One of America’s oldest railroads, known as the first common-carrier railroad, was chartered on February 28th 1827, by a group of Baltimore businessmen. The main objective of the railway was to ensure traffic would not be lost to the Chesapeake & Ohio Canal, which was proposed and ground broken the same time as the railroad. The new railroad was a big invention, which allowed people and freight to travel by train. This was a huge improvement for the United States, since everything was becoming more advanced in other countries….
Bus Rapid Transit: A Sustainable Approach to Mass Transit
– Bus Rapid Transit: A Sustainable Approach to Mass Transit Transportation accounts for about 25% of fossil fuel consumption. One way to decrease the negative environmental effects of burning fossil fuels (e.g. smog and global warming) is to improve mass transit. An efficient mass transit system speeds travel time, cuts travel costs, and makes service more reliable. Consequently, it discourages the use of private vehicles, reducing fossil fuel consumption and emissions. A type of mass transit that has proven to be environmentally and socially successful in many cities across the world is Bus Rapid Transit….
Masses Need to Create Mass Transit
– We consume 85 million barrels of oil daily. Nearly 6,500,000 airline operations occurred in 2009. About twenty percent of those were delayed (“Title from H2” 1). As of January 2011, the average price of a gallon of gas was $3.08, and the annual average parking costs for a vehicle in a downtown business district was $1,930 (“Rising Gas Prices” 1). All these problems have one thing in common; they can be limited, if not solved, by a nationwide mass transit system such as a bus line. Americans have been using mass transit increasingly in the past few years….
A Career as a Police Officer
– It would be fulfilling to be a police officer because police officers help people in the community and keep it safe. They also enforce the law. They are the reason why people can live their lives in peace. If there is anyone in the community that citizens can trust it would be the police officers. Police officers have to accomplish many things in their workday. (Career Cruising.com) They have to write detailed reports and fill out forms.(Career Cruising.com) They are responsible for making sure that people obey the law and are kept safe at all times.(Career Cruising.com) They also observe the activities of suspects.(Career Cruising.com) Cops have to gather facts and collect evidence from…