How to Evacuate from a Fire
– In a fire there are many environmental factors that can influence the behavior of the occupants within the space. This reaction will determine if other occupants will find themselves in danger or if their choice will put other people at risk. The way an occupant is alerted to the presence of a fire can determine the degree of threat perceived. Once the threat is perceived a course of action will be decided and carried out. In many studies one key element remains a constant in the observation of behavior through a fire modeling program….
Traffic Cameras Should be Forbidden
– With the increasing emergence of traffic cameras around the nation, there has emerged a debate about whether the cameras are effectively functioning to keep drivers safe or whether they are just another source of revenue for cites. Facts have proven that the purpose for the traffic cameras is simply generating more money for the cities. The estimated amount of money that the city of Denver will be making in 2011 from these cameras (Kaminsky)—excluding the ones recently put up—a grand estimation total of seven million dollars… “According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety more than 550 communities in the United States use red light cameras.” (Urie) Research shows how the cameras a…
The Traffic Congestion Factors and Traffic Flow Simulation Model
– Traffic Flow Model Introduction After studying traffic flow model in CEE 310, it is interested to me. As a result, I research more information about the traffic congestion factors and traffic flow simulation model. The traffic flow could be investigated by observing traffic phenomena in real life traffic situations and understanding the traffic phenomena based on traffic flow system. It is the study of interaction between drivers, vehicles, and infrastructure. Understanding traffic flow models can aim developing a better road network with minimal traffic congestion problem and efficient movement of traffic….
Traffic Control in the US vs Traffic in Kinshasa
– In the United States, traffic control as we know it primarily consists of road signs, traffic lights, cameras, and police officers ensure that vehicle drivers, motorcyclists, bicyclists, and trucks are following the laws; so that all can have a safe trip while on the road. It is important to have traffic control measures to prevent collisions, accidents leading deaths, and traffic congestions. In other countries, in particular certain cities, there is no modern way of controlling traffic. The city of Kinshasa, which is the capital of the Democratic Republic of the Congo, in Africa had customarily only police officers control traffic….
Intelligent Traffic Surveillance System
– Abstract- Due to the traffic accidents over the last few years; the development of surveillance systems with multifunctional techniques has received increasing attention. The use of the smart camera is one solution to solve the traffic problems, Smart cameras are cameras that can perform tasks far beyond simply taking photos and recording videos. Intelligent Traffic Surveillance System (ITSS) is used to monitor the roads in preventing accidents at the same time finding what causes the accidents….