Explain How Far Nelsons Fits into the Overall Development of Northern Textile Towns?
– … Source C illustrates a very positive correlation between the population and the number of looms. As the number of looms increased, the population increased. From this, I can extrapolate that the looms were attracting more and more people to come to Nelson in search to find work. As people did find work they settled in the area to feed their families and the word spread. Source L signifies that there was no age limit for people to start working. Usually a “family works together…father, mother, sons and daughters”….
Textile Mills: Their Innovation and Impact on Society
– When our group found out that this year’s History Day topic was “impact and innovation” we had an epiphany to exemplify what impacted people’s lives the most, so we concluded to do our on project on the innovation in the textile industry and impact of the textile mills. The textile mills provided people with a cheap source of cloth that had an impact on every person’s lives during the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries. In order to get our information on the innovation and impact of the textile mills, as a group we gathered information from various places and did extensive research on our topic….
The Indian Textile Industry
– INTRODUCTION OF INDIAN TEXTILE INDUSTRY The Indian Textile Industry counts among the leading textile industries in the world. Apart from providing the basic necessities of life, its role in the country’s economic growth is significant. India’s textile industry contributes about 14 per cent to industrial production; 4 per cent to the country’s gross domestic product (GDP); 17 per cent to its export earnings; and is a source of direct employment for over 35 million people, which makes it the second largest provider of employment after agriculture….
The Textile Industry after the Industrial Revolution
– The Industrial Revolution can be seen as one of those eras that resulted in a great number of progresses, problems, and promises overall. From the multitude of progresses that helped people to advance with new successes and acquired achievements to the situations and standards that raised issues or created problems, on a broad spectrum there was plenty of change. It’s commonly agreed upon that the Industrial Revolution brought forth many positive changes in general but more specifically, there were several progresses just within the textile industry….
The Lowell Textile Mills
– The Lowell Textile Mills The Lowell textile mills were a new transition in American history that explored working and labor conditions in the new industrial factories in American. To describe the Lowell Textile mills it requires a look back in history to study, discover and gain knowledge of the industrial labor and factory systems of industrial America. These mass production mills looked pretty promising at their beginning but after years of being in business showed multiple problems and setbacks to the people involved in them….