Textile Mills: Their Innovation and Impact on Society
– When our group found out that this year’s History Day topic was “impact and innovation” we had an epiphany to exemplify what impacted people’s lives the most, so we concluded to do our on project on the innovation in the textile industry and impact of the textile mills. The textile mills provided people with a cheap source of cloth that had an impact on every person’s lives during the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries. In order to get our information on the innovation and impact of the textile mills, as a group we gathered information from various places and did extensive research on our topic….
Explain How Far Nelsons Fits into the Overall Development of Northern Textile Towns?
– … Source C illustrates a very positive correlation between the population and the number of looms. As the number of looms increased, the population increased. From this, I can extrapolate that the looms were attracting more and more people to come to Nelson in search to find work. As people did find work they settled in the area to feed their families and the word spread. Source L signifies that there was no age limit for people to start working. Usually a “family works together…father, mother, sons and daughters”….
The Lowell Textile Mills
– The Lowell Textile Mills The Lowell textile mills were a new transition in American history that explored working and labor conditions in the new industrial factories in American. To describe the Lowell Textile mills it requires a look back in history to study, discover and gain knowledge of the industrial labor and factory systems of industrial America. These mass production mills looked pretty promising at their beginning but after years of being in business showed multiple problems and setbacks to the people involved in them….
– A Chemist Becoming a chemist takes a lot of hard work and discipline. One very importan aspect of being a chemist is English, Comunication is of the utter most importance (Murphy). As well as having good communication skills, you also need a lot of patience. However, there are many other qualities you will need such as an excellent learning ability and mathematical skills. You will also need to be able to preceive concepts or objects. Once you get into college you need to know what kind of degree to get in order to have a fulfilling and successful career….
Analytical Chemists and Chemical Compounds
– … This works because electrons in atoms can only exist in particular energy levels. An electron moves from a lower to a higher energy level by absorbing electromagnetic radiation. An electron will also emit radiation as it drops from a higher energy level to a lower one. Each element’s electrons emits and absorbs specific frequencies of radiation and it is this that allows individual elements to be determined, even when other elements are present. AAS is able to measure extremely small concentrations of elements, such as parts per million (ppm) and occasionally parts per billion (ppb)…. ;