My Addiction to Sugar
– INTRODUCTION Sugar is considered a toxic poison. Sugar leaches the calcium out of the skeletal frame of a human’s body. Sugar literally sucks the calcium straight from our bones; therefore it is known to many as a “skeletal poisonous powder.” There are thousands of individuals struggling throughout the United States with sugar addiction. Sugar is a leading cause of a number of health-related issues. Sugar causes health issues such as, fibromyalgia, diabetes, obesity, and osteoporosis. Like me, many individuals have no clue that they are addicted to sugar….
Sugar Alert: The Friendly Assassinator
– “Sweet!” People use the word as a replacement for awesome as much as they love sweet things. Indeed, sweetness is the first taste a newborn baby recognizes, and it is crucial for living; it gives energy and is important as the sole energy source of the brain (Sigelman & Rider 184). While people have heard that sugar can be dangerous, it seems they do not much care about it. In fact, it is not widely known how bad it is or the consequences, yet people can access sugar products very easily. In a cultural context, sweet things are usually used as a reward or a gift; there are even candy holidays such as Valentine’s Day, Easter and Halloween….
Sugar: Briefly Through The Ages
– Sugar traces its history a long way back for England, the northwestern European island of people who followed their sweet tooth for centuries until sugar was established as a staple in domestic pantries. Medieval Europe passed by without much sugar usage but the most drastic changes occurred over the course of the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries, where the successful production of sugar on the home front reduced Britain’s need for foreign imports as well as created a new sort of luxury consumption that separated the social classes in a way not dissimilar to the medieval hierarchical structure of centuries past….
Slave Labor in the Sugar Cane Plantation System
– Slavery was a cruel institution used worldwide to exploit and dehumanize a certain group of people. African slave trade and slavery is an ingrained part of European colonization. Many European nations enslaved Africans. The first to enslaved Africans were the Portuguese, followed by the Dutch, English, French and lastly the Spanish. Slavery came about because Indian labor declined and was scarce. A demand for forced labor was created and the Spanish Crown turned to Africa Slaves were seem as inferior and were at the bottom of the hierarchy based on race….
The Consumption of Sugar in the United States
– What is your guilty pleasure. It seems to be that people just can’t get enough sugar . Many people in this country have high sugary diets. Americans are consuming too much sugar, but is not all our fault because food is already sugar coated when it gets to the table. Sugar is highly addictive and damaging to the body, there are many factors that contribute to in healthy eating or ingesting sugar like economic stasis, availability of healthy foods and cultural influences. Sugar is present in almost all foods and drinks we consume….