Integral Components of a Thermal Power Plant
– A boiler system is an integral component of a thermal power plant and control of water level in the drum of boiler system is a critical operational. The drum water level is the main index in the running for circulating fluidized bed (CFB) boiler, it indirectly reflects the balance relation between boiler load and water supply. If the water level is too low then it will result in boiler drum explosion.However, If the water level is too high, it will affect the separator of steam water and cause damage to the turbine….
Industrial Disasters in Three Mile Island Unit 2 and Chernmobyl
– … Meanwhile, the pressure deescalated quickly, and the coolant water changed into steam making the main coolant pumps vibrate violently. Operators in the control room failed to inform the vibration prompted operator that there was a loss of coolant water in reactor, and the operator shutdown the main pumps. At the top of the reactor vessel, a large steam bubble formed preventing flow for coolant water. The loss of pressure and water created the dilemma above. Due to the lack of coolant water, the core temperature rose to the point where the fuel cladding and the uranium fuel were at their melting level….
The Importance and History of the Steam Engine
– “The wonderful progress of the present century is, in a very great degree, due to the invention and improvement of the steam engine, and to the ingenious application of its power to kinds of work that formerly taxed the physical energies of the human race.”~Robert H. Thurston The steam engine can easily be considered the single most important invention of the entire industrial revolution. There is not one part of industry present in today’s society that can be examined without coming across some type of reference or dependence upon the steam engine…. ;
The Plant World
– Introduction Plants exhibit exceptionally intelligent behaviour when it comes to interactions with their environment. They can detect perceived threats, then convey warning signals to other plants via chemical signaling. Forewarned plants will then assemble their defenses against these potential threats, thus, increasing their chance of survival and reproduction. Communication and competition are common occurrences among the plant world. Another brilliantly, almost inconceivable capability plants possess is the ability to recognize coexisting family members within their home range…. ;
Inventions: The Steam Engine and the Internet
– Despite originating more than two centuries and half a world apart, the steam engine and the Internet followed similar paths throughout their conception, development, and execution. In 1712, the first successful steam engine was built; it was bulky, inefficient, and partially hand operated. Two hundred fifty-three years later, the first major network connection was made, using slow, dedicated phone lines to carry information across the country from expensive, complicated computers in Massachusetts to their counterparts in California…. ;