Many Political, Econimic, Milary Departments Rely on Statisticians
– Statisticians must use mathematical techniques to analyze data and overcome problems in data collecting. Many economic, political, military, etc. decisions rely on the data organized by statisticians. These are the people who design different surveys and experiments, and then collect the data received. Based on the data collected, they give suggestions on a variety of things, such as the predicted demand for various products. Teamwork and good communicational skills are a key to becoming a successful statistician, because they must work together when discussing the outcomes of surveys….
Discussion About Statistical Analysis and Results
– DISCUSSION ABOUT STATISTICAL ANALYSIS AND RESULTS; Statistical analysis two independent sample tests compare the mean of the randomised case-control group. To find the significant difference between the two groups, data collections are mean value, so t test is the suitable test to compare the mean value of the two groups in normal distributed data (Menz, 2004). Result of the t test shows body mass index significant p value .005 less than .05 and the mean value of the BMI in case group greater than control group….
Statistical Analysis of Daytime Sleepiness and Educational Level
– Despite convictions about the significance of sleep amounts necessary for health and typical development, there are no momentous principles related to the physiology of rest (National Center on Sleep Disorders Research, 2011). The National Institutes of Health (NIH) does demonstrate that sufficient rest is fundamental for sound working and survival, however the definition of “sufficient rest” differs from person to person. Inadequate rest and suboptimal sleep practices are commonplace, particularly in the very young and as individuals increase in age….
Statistical Definitions: Choosing a Sample Number, False Positives
– The study based on Shortness of Breath with Daily Activities (SOBDA): validation and responder thresholds in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (Watkins, Wilcox et al. 2013) indicate that they selected 365 patients after excluding non-eligible criteria for their randomized treatment strategies. Sample size calculation was performed by considering 0.90 power, two sided significance level 0.05 and effect size 0.5 (difference between responders and non responders) based on the evaluation results (standard deviation) of the responsiveness of the SOBDA questionnaire….
Problems with the Diagnosic and Statistical Manual
– The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (DSM) of mental disorders is a widely used and popular text that lists and describes the various mental disorders and the criteria that resembles each one specifically. These series of manuals have had several major problems since their introduction and the latest edition which has yet to release still faces problems in terms of validity with the scientific community. By use of a diagnostic criterion they fail to incorporate many factors such as social influences, a scientific base, and distinction between the criteria for the different disorders….