Task Orientation in Sports
– The importance of strength training was collaborated along with task orientation in a study that consisted of 90 athletic males and 43 athletic females. According to the article, strength training has been one of most influential and beneficial aspects in initiating tasks in sports. In other words, task orientation was significantly high in terms of accomplishing and maintaining standardized, individualistic performance in sports. In fact, the study reveals that individuals high in task orientation tend to judge success as means of, giving absolute effort, performing to their best of ability, working together as team mates and taking pleasure in their sport; according to the participants who…
The History and Benefits of Physical Education, and Why I Want to be a PE Teacher
– Ever since kindergarten, I have always been interested in physical education. Physical education (P.E) has always been my favorite class in school because that it has to do with physical exercise and being physically fit. The purpose of this research is to first define physical education. Then, I will explore the history of P.E. In the following section, I will compare and contrast the PE curriculum from past to present. Next, a description of the schooling requirements to become a physical education teacher will be given….
Sports and Politics
– “Politics has come to be considered not only inappropriate in the arena of sports, but actually antithetical to it,” Zirin says. “We want so much to see sports solely as an arena of play, not seriousness. But here’s the thing, this can cheapen not only the greatness and relevance of sports to us as a society, but also the courage of the athletes” . The pursuit of fame, wealth and status can blind the human conscience, which is why it is important for us to encourage athletes to voice their opinions….
The History of Sports and African Americans
– The history of sports goes back since ancient times. It has been a useful way for people to explore nature and their environment. Sports include different activities and games such as football, soccer, basketball, and etc. to express their skills and talents. Also, sports are a way to relax and have fun; but are sports all our African Americans rely on. The dream to become future sports stars. The reason why Gates begins his essay with an anecdote is to show and compare how many african-american athletes were at work today and how little the chances of African-Americans becoming athletes are compared to being a lawyer, dentist, or even a doctor….
How to Handle Violence in Youth Sports
– Everyone agrees that parent involvement is a good thing. But when the parent behaves inappropriately, it creates a poor environment for the children to learn and enjoy themselves. “Sideline rage” with parents behaving badly at youth sports events is such an epidemic, that 76% of respondents from 60 high school athletic associations said increased spectator interference is causing many officials to quit (Associated Press, 6/3/01). Parents are supposed to be role models, and the lessons they teach will determine their values and actions in the future….