Sport Facility Management
– From 2001 ? 2002 there was a 23% increase in the construction of sports stadiums and arenas with costs of those facilities upwards of $7.8 billion. The growing global sport industry requires that sport facility and event management keep current of new and proven management techniques. Sport Facility Management: Organizing Events and Mitigating Risks by Ammon, Jr., Southall, and Blair, provides readers with a basic introduction to elements of facility management for the full range of sporting and entertainment events….
Reponsibilities of a Recreational Sports Manager
– Recreational sports management is a highly disciplined profession and competition for jobs can be tough, therefore relevant academic qualifications and practical working experience by volunteering in sports organizations is a definite advantage. During the course of my Master’s Degree in Recreational and Tourism program, I would like to gain some experience in this field by working at California State University sports & recreation center. After graduating, my choice of career in recreational sports is the management of a Professional Tennis Club and Training center….
Ethical Issues in Sport
– … Everyone needs a ticket to attend any athletic event, but getting one can be challenging. The guidelines and decisions making in deciding who should get tickets and the quantity they should receive really got me thinking. The question of should a season ticket holder sit next to someone who only attends one or two games a year. Or vice versa is an ethical issue in ticket sales. I think that season ticket holders should have first pick on which seats they would like for all the games. The fans that are not season ticket holders should be able to purchase any remaining tickets, if it’s a seat next to a season ticket holder….
Description of Business Manager Credentials
– What makes a great manager. “Despite differences in their personal attributes, successful managers all excel in making, honoring, and remaking of commitments” (Sull, 2005). Commitments take many forms from capital investments to personal decisions to public statements. A mangers commitment defines what a business can and cannot do as well as the businesse’s strengths and weaknesses (Sull, 2005). However, while all good managers should be able to make, honor, and remake commitments the type of certifications, degrees, license, and experience the person will need in order to successfully do these things will depend on what type of business the manager is running (large, small, selling products…
Shadowing Manager at Washington Adventist University Intensive Care Unit
– My two hours clinical of shadowing a manager was at the Washington Adventist University at Intermediate Care Unit (IMCU). The manager who I was shadowing was the unit manager assistance on IMCU units. Mrs. A is task oriented and well informed nevertheless numerous responsibilities facing her every single day. She was an amazing and good mannered woman along with so wide educational background. She manages three different units, which has more than thirty nurses. She completed her education at Washington Adventist University, which makes us share commonplace….