The Study of Social Services Organizations
– The study of social services organisations, their structure, strategy and the quality of services they provide is significant to outcomes for service users and to professional development. A sociological perspective defines an organisation as a “social unit” constructed to carry out a specific function in order to reach a specific goal (Fulcher and Scott, 2007). How the organisation reaches its goals is dependent entirely upon the type of membership, mechanisms and motivations behind the function….
Agency: The Domestic Violence Shelther and Services
– … Domestic Violence Shelter and Services, Inc. put emphasizes on empowering victims/survivors as opposed to receiving power from outside sources. DVSS operates under the premise that society benefits from victims/survivors relying on their inner strength and living a life free of violence and fear. The DVSS staff models the philosophy, values, and mission of the agency through the interactions with clients, volunteers, the community, and each other. All staff and volunteers must read and sign a statement that they acknowledge the agency philosophy (M….
Human Resource Management in Social Services
– Induction Coulshed & Mullender (2006, pp158-159) argue that the orienting of new members of staff is sometimes ignored in management literature. This lack of attention to staff induction has been evident in my setting. I have worked for my employers for about 10 years and have never received formal induction training. However over recent years there has been a gradual process to improve this. Initially some personnel sections developed a brief induction package to explain issues like absence reporting, use of flexi leave and working hours….
Co-ordination of Services in Social Care
– Co-ordination of Services in Social Care My setting is linked with SENCO (Special Education Needs Co-ordinater) and Ofsted to ensure the child receives the rights it deserves i.e. education. In the project I am to show how the role of each service and how it is linked to my setting. Each year, parents of children with disabilities have the important responsibility of working with school personnel to develop an appropriate educational program individualised to their child’s needs…. ;
Interview with a Social Service Manager
– It is Friday afternoon and I am walking from the bus station towards Dunkin Donuts to meet Regina Borden, the program coordinator of healthy family services of the Catholic Charity. I see white Toyota pulling up in front of me. Behind the steering wheel I see women in her fifties waiving her hand on me very warmly. I new it is her, Regina Borden, the person I am waiting for. Quite short, thin lady with a blond curly hair got out of the car. She walks towards me and shakes my hand. ” I could have invited you to my office, but actually I manage three organizations, so I have three offices, and I exactly didn’t know in which one I would be this afternoon, so I thought it would be the be…