Interview with a Social Worker
– Background Information Captain Rob Geis agreed to be interviewed and share his experiences with the next generation of Social Workers. Native to Ohio, he graduated High School in 1979, he continued his education at Ohio State University from 1982-1986, completing his Masters in Social Work. For the past 24 years, he has served as a Social Worker in the United States Army. In his current position he is responsible for the Department of Social Work Services. Previous positions have included: two assignments as a Division Social Worker, Medical Inpatient Social Worker, Chief of Social Work, Division Chief of Mental Health, Clinical Director of Army Substance Abuse Program, Combat Operation Str…
The Role of the Management Consultant
– Introduction The review set out to discuss the statement “It is the consultant’s responsibility to facilitate client decision-making, not change the decisions the client would have made anyway” (Wickham and Wickham 2008). To do so, the review firstly outlines the client- consultant relationship and the consultant’s responsibility and role once they are hired, in light of the work of prominent authors like Appelbaum (2004), Calvert (2005) and O’Mahoney (2010). Then, the review analyses the client’s decision-making processes and consultant’s role in it, with help of authors like Wickham and Wickham (2008), Schein (1997) and Turner (1982)….
Basic Values in Health and Social Care
– Basic Values in Health and Social Care Client’s rights in interpersonal situations It is essential that health care workers should be clear about the values, which underpin health and social care work. These values are the basic beliefs about clients’, rights, which shape attitudes and influence our methods of care. Such values are reflected nationally in The Patients’ Charter. This is a standard against which the care received by all users of the National Health Service can be measured….
How Social Media Has Influenced the Way We Live Today
– Today, social media became a primary component of our spirit. Mariam Webster dictionary defines social media as “forms of electronic communication (as Web sites for social networking and micro blogging) through which users create online communities to share information, ideas, personal messages, and other content” (merriam-webster.com, May 18-2014). The entire human population is plugged into the network with the help of blogging websites such as Facebook, twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc. It is highly rare to find an alienated person from the network, as this modern application of technology links everyone with the click of a mouse….
Is the Social Service Broken?
– Over the years the population in California has increased and we are seeing more people enrolled in the social services. We are fortunate to have human services to help the less fortunate. As social workers noted; it is not an easy job to help one’s clients, but are committed to help and make a difference in their life (Merrill-Payne). Social services are comprised of general assistance, food stamps, Medi-Cal, children services, older adult-services, mental health, and drug abuse. There are many non-profit organizations that are there to help the community, but the counties offer many programs that are Medi-Cal based to help the community….