A Career as a Political Scientist
– The career that I decided to do my research on is a Political Scientist. I chose this career because it’s something I would want to do for the rest of my life. Politics has a great role in American society. As a political scientist you make the people’s voices heard and help up hold the foundations of democracy; whether that is as an elected official, or as an analyst helping senators make key decisions on a bill about to pass in their state, Political scientists make a difference. History The beginning of western politics goes back to the “Socrates” philosophers; which consists of Plato, Xenophon, and Aristotle (who is known as the “father of political science”) Most of their most famous…
Statement of Purpose to Become a Scientist
– … Sure, I did well in my science and math classes, but I never saw them in my future. During my first year of middle school, at a STEM middle school nonetheless, I really started to enjoy it. I liked the discipline of putting things into systems, I liked organizing and categorizing, and I liked the more hands-on aspects of creating and conducting experiments to test hypotheses. I used to think science was like all my other classes; all about lectures and note-taking and putting facts into your head….
My Idea of a Scientist
– … However, not all of his contributions were to science. He was also known for his achievements that influenced philosophy, art, and literature. It is because of this that he has been described as being genius, political refugee, humanitarian, and a locksmith of the mysteries of the atom of the universe. Dr. Benton Quest is a research scientist that others rely on for projects that require his scientific and technical expertise. He is known to have his son Johnny with him, who is also his bodyguard, their dog who wears a mask, and an Indain orphan named Hadji that has his own abilities….
Henry Cavendish: The Shy Scientist
– Henry Cavendish: The Shy Scientist Henry Cavendish was born October 10, 1731 in Nice, France. His mother, Lady Anne Grey was the daughter of the first Duke of Kent while his father Lord Charles Cavendish, was second Duke of Devonshire. His ancestry links back to many of the aristocratic families in Great Britain. The chemist/physicist is most accredited for the discovery of hydrogen, the “inflammable air” and measuring the Earth’s density, but he also researched and discovered many other important scientific revolutions….
The Reluctant Scientist
– The Reluctant Scientist So I have to ask myself, how it came to pass that a woman who has little interest in science (never, in fact, dissected so much as a single frog in high school), who never wanted to teach children any older than second graders, and who most importantly, loathes, and I mean that with a capital L, Loathesrodents of all sorts, came to be in a science classroom full of fourth grade students, picking rats’ bones out of hairballs. Well, it wasn’t easy, let me tell you. It all began innocently enough about two years ago, when my younger daughter, now ten, came home full of bubbling enthusiasm for her classes’ latest science project….