Characteristics of a Professional and Effective Counsellor
– 1. Introduction The aim of this essay is to examine, discuss and analyse the characteristics and attributes of an effective and professional counsellor. This essay will examine the definition of counselling, determine the necessary skills needed in order to be effective, explore the counselling process and consider the ethics and values defined within the framework of professional therapy. There has been an increase in the focus on training of counsellors in South Africa, whilst encouraging them to be professionally accredited with the HPCSA….
What Exactly do Child, Family and School Social Workers Do?
– The Career I decided to do my research on is a Child, Family, and School Social workers. I choose this career because it is of interest to me. I really enjoy a job where I can work with and help those who are in need. Earlier in the school year I took a career test in the school’s career center and this is a job that showed up and is part of the reason I am taking the time to look at what is required of the job. What does a social worker do. A social worker has many duties. They need to assess the situations of those family’s or individuals they will be working with….
Social Worker Intervention Plan
– This essay will identify key issues facing the client system and will demonstrate an intervention plan. Followed by defining the purpose of social work and the identification of the AASW Code of Ethics, in regards to the case study. Lastly, key bodies of knowledge will be identified and applied to the case study. There are numerous issues throughout the case study, therefore only a small selection of key issues will be identified. Stellios has Asperger’s Syndrome, suffers from depression and anxiety, experienced a series of seizures, and was then diagnosed as an epileptic….
Social Work Values, Principles and Ethics
– Many Canadians remains largely divided in its views of the GLBT population. Some believes that the GLBT population should have equal opportunities as heterosexuals, and should have right to same-sex marriages, the right to adopt children, access to the same tax benefits and health care, while others believe otherwise. The GLBT refers collectively to lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people and throughout this paper GLBT will be used. Gays and lesbian are people who are attracted and indulged in sexual relationship with people of the same sex, while bisexual are people who are attracted and indulged in sexual relationship with both male and female, and transgender are people who are bor…
Mental Health: Generalized Anxiety Disorder
– Health and Social Care- Unit Fourth teen: Mental Health – Ao3 Introduction Within this essay I will look at how my case study Mary Doe from Ao2 uses different coping and preventing strategist to deal with the symptoms and effects from suffering with generalized anxiety disorder, and suggesting other way of coping and preventing these effects/symptoms. Also I will be looking into the health and social care professionals that help and support Mary Doe and the different ways in which they do this, therefore more I will be looking into other health and social professional which if her illness develops she might want to consider getting referred to….