Highway Maintenance Worker
– The career I chose is Highway maintenance worker. I chose this job because I am good at working with my hands and getting involved. As well as I can operate big semi trucks and machinery that that job requires me to use. Thus I would be able to advance through ranks quickly. This career wasn’t needed until the year 1925 when the first transcontinental highway was made, state route 30. In 1921 Bureau of Public Roads was authorized to fund for the building of highways, by the Federal Highway Act. With being employed as a Highway Maintenance worker you have to be able to drive trucks to the work sites that are carrying the equipment….
Worker Health and Safety in Bangladesh
– Workers Health and Safety Not only do the United States Companies have obligations to workers who produce apparel they market. More importantly, these Americans businesses have authority to correct unlawful violations. In addition, customers rely on merchants’ good will and standing when evaluating the makers of their products. For example, according to Sherman (2013), those global clothing buyers, mainly the United States companies, have a job to execute guaranteeing security of Bangladesh’s apparel workers”….
My Mother, Who Came From China Where She Never Saw Snow by Laureen Mar
– … Mar states “Sleeve after sleeve, sleeve. / It is easy. The same piece” (15-16). When read aloud, this creates an effect on the passage to make it seem like the reader is watching an assembly line. The punctuation in the poem ties together to create an effect on the reader, which makes the passage seem like an assembly line, doing the same thing over and over again. The author uses irony in the poem to demonstrate how the female worker in the factory made ski coats, but she will never see snow….
Neal Stephenson’s Snow Crash
– Neal Stephenson’s Snow Crash In Snow Crash, a novel by Neal Stephenson, Stephenson examines how expanding technology affects a society. He introduces us to a world where a computer virus is altering people’s minds, and where they have no control over themselves. He vividly describes how Hiro, the protagonist, must fight the virus to save the future of the world. Technology is expanding everyday. Our society has grown and expanded and has become extremely powerful because of new technologies…. ;
Snow Falling on Cedars
– Snow Falling on Cedars Everyone has experienced prejudice sometime in their life. It has been an undeniable force in society ever since history was recorded. Even the most open-minded people and enlightened organizations can be blamed as being prejudice sometime or another. However, prejudice always takes its toll from these people who form opinions beforehand or without any facts. The novel, Snow Falling On Cedars, take place during a time in which Americans are prejudice towards Japanese people…. ;