Livestock: Horses Should not be Slaughtered in the United States
– This destroyed the image set by Americans, a great strong champion reduced to a pile of steaks, or put into dog food. Where is freedom and liberty in that. But, though they excel at it, horses are not just made to run, some horses are used as guides for the blind. Horses contribute so much to society and all that potential is wasted in each horse sent to slaughter. Another cultural reference is the mustang, a strong free animal that roams the range. Mustangs were formerly protected from slaughter until recently in 2005 when a bill killed a 1971 law that prevented feral horses from being sold to slaughterhouses….
Grendel’s Mother: Monster or Not?
– In the poem “Beowulf,” Grendel’s mother, a monstrous creature, is one of the three antagonists Beowulf, the main character, fights against. The battle against Grendel’s mother appears to be the strangest of the three battles. The main reason for its strangeness is that Grendel’s mother is the mother of the monster Grendel, who was killed by Beowulf in the first battle. Another reason for its strangeness is that Grendel’s mother is the only female-type creature. An alternative reason for this strangeness in the battle is due to the fact that Grendel’s mother is not a true monster, aside from her physical form…. ;
Religion: Practices in Islam
– Practices in Islam Halal, haram and Mushbooh Muslims set aside a high standard of discipline in terms of the food they consume since every action they made is perceived to be dedicated to God (Maqsood 1995). A tremendously strong focus is put on the type of meat that can be consumed. In general, halal is a term to describe permissible lawful practices in accordance with the Quran while haram means forbidden and unlawful practices (Encyclopedia of Islam 2009). In terms of food, halal corresponds to food that is allowed for consumption while haram means the opposite…. ;
Religion: Practices in Judaism
– Introduction Robinson and Rodrigues (2006) define religion as the characteristic of human, comprising of all gender, ages, social statuses and environment complexity. Religion does play a great role in everyday life and it has now in fact defines worlds’ view of our neighbors and colleagues (Gwynne, 2009). Undeniably, food plays a vital role in human’s life and can never cease to exist. As much as religion is significant, it has also created food regulation that has steadily being incorporated into daily life…. ;
Animal Farm, by George Orwell
– Animal Farm The animals (characters) in this movie acted as though they were humans. At the beginning, everything seemed normal, although the animals spoke to one another. Before I knew it, everything got out of hand and the people shot at the animals. Then, the animals attacked the people. The most depressing part of the whole movie was the fact that the pigs had all the power. The power to run the farm as they chose, the power to make the rules and the power to communicate with the humans until greed took over and everything got out of hand…. ;