Career Field Analysis: Diesel Mechanic
– Ever since I could go with my dad in the tractors and equipment on the ranch, I knew I wanted to be a part of its operation. I have always been fascinated with the operations of diesel engine and much of a valuable asset they are to our world today. I helped out on the ranch whenever I could driving equipment. In the summer time it was my job to operate the swather. I really enjoyed operating it as much as I enjoyed fixing it when it broke down. When it came time to go to college the decision for a major was pretty clear….
The Merchant Ship Worthy Passage
– The Golden Sea, warm, and vast, Cameron despised it. Who knew what was down there in its murky depths. Monstrous creatures that could sink a ship with little effort, sending its wooden corpse and all she carried with it, deeper and deeper to its sightless bottom. The ship sailed straight north from Kelmoor Keep, the wind blew strong, and almost constantly from the west. There was no sign of land or anyone else for that matter, just him and the Worthy Passage, and her brave crew. Once past the lengthy body of Baash (which only took four days) the Worthy Passage moved even faster because of the strong westerly current….
The Unsinkable Ship: Titanic
– Titanic was the dreamship, the unsikable ship. It was supposeed to sail from Southampton harper and be in New York 17th of April. But the dream ship never made it to New York. The story of Titanic is both tragic and adventures. The passenger were both poor and very wealthy. They were seeking adventure in a new country. Some went to travel other went to live the American dream and start a new life. The dream for many people came to an end on 14th of April. The unsinkable ship went down after hitting an iceberg….
The Shadetree Mechanics vs Professional Repair
– There was once a time when people would get up on a Saturday morning, go into the garage, and tinker with their car, everything from a basic oil change and a tune up, to replacing the cylinder heads, and everything in between. It was a rite of passage for young boys to follow dad into the garage and have some good quality father/ son time, or it was a few friends getting together for an afternoon of friendship and camaraderie. It was a simpler time and a simpler car. Today, times have changed. Modern cars are now so complex that a person needs specialized training and tools to do the repairs; however, the “Shadetree Mechanic” is not extinct yet….
Magical and Realistic Elements in The Last Voyage of the Ghost Ship
– Magical and Realistic Elements in The Last Voyage of the Ghost Ship Gabriel Garcia Marquez was born in a small Colombian town in 1928 and has written many short stories and novels over the years. One of his short stories, “The Last Voyage of the Ghost Ship”, published in 1972, is in a book called A Hammock Beneath the Mangoes that was published in 1991. This was an interesting story and had many magical and realistic elements. The main magical element in this story would be the ghost ship, but many others exist, too….