Is Senator McCarthy a Victim or Victimizer
– At the turn of the 1950s, there was a fear of communism gripping the hearts of Americans. As the bane of democracy grew internationally, spreading into China in 1949, Americans feared that there were roots of communism within the United States as well. As the years progressed, spies were discovered, and committees were created to keep Communist parties in the United States in check. On February 9, 1950, Senator Joseph McCarthy made a seemingly radical statement, announcing that he possessed the names of hundreds of communists in the government….
Senator Richard M. Nixon: Honest Everyday American, or Lieing, Manipulating Politician?
– Some have wondered if Senator Richard Nixon lied to and manipulated the people when he spoke to regain his own integrity. This is a subject that many have questioned about the past politicians. The text,”Checkers” was delivered by Senator Richard M. Nixon in 1952. The text was published by AmericanRhetoric.com. Senator Nixon wrote this text for the American people to presuade them to believe he is an honest man. When Senator Nixon was accused of taking $18,000 from his supporters illegally; he spoke about how the money was used to save the American taxpayers from having to pay for his political business….
Senator Joseph McCarthy and Communism
– … The final vote was 67-22 against the Senator. While McCarthy was found not guilty of the fraud charges against him as a result of the false accusations made against officials and the military, the censurship remained in effect. This led to being removed from his position as chairman, but remained a Senator until his death on May 2, 1957 at the Bethesda Naval Hospital. The cause of death for Joseph McCarthy was complications from alcoholism and hepatitis (Schwarz). An in depth look at the trials of Senator Joseph McCarthy shows just how much the man thought of himself during his time in the position of Senator….
Senator Harry Reid of Nevada
– … Ried had four children, Two girls and two boys.(Harry Reid). Reid’s political career started when he got elected to Nevada state assembly. At only thirty years old Reid decided to run for lieutenant governor for Nevada. Four years after that Reid decided to run for Senate but lost.(Harry Reid).After his loss Reid was appointed to Nevada’s gaming commission,Which means that he regulates the state’s casinos(Harry Reid ). Later on Ried decided to spend time as a lawyer in a private practice. Finally Reid decided to run for congress and won….
Senator Joseph McCarthy and Homophobia
– In 1950, Senator Joseph McCarthy’s incendiary allegations against the State Department led to a government purging that would eventually cost over a thousand people their jobs. These particular individuals, however, were not dismissed because of any direct ties that they had to the Communist Party, but instead because of their sexual orientation. McCarthy’s original accusations concerning the presence of over 200 Communists working in the government—specifically the State Department—included two allegations that specifically referenced homosexuality, suggesting that homosexuality was itself a danger to the security of the United States….