I am a Teacher of Post-secondary Education
– … Housing by itself is around 10,000 dollars per year including a meal plan (“Tuition and fees”).The total amount of money spent on undergraduate schooling is around 34,200 dollars. While attending LSU for undergraduate schooling is okay to get a Bachelor’s degree, however; attending Washington University in St.louis to get a master’s degree is a better choice. Washington University in St. Louis is located in St.Louis, Missouri. Washington University has a Graduate School of Arts and Sciences (“Graduate School of Arts & Sciences”)….
Bilingual Education Emerged from the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1968
– Bilingual education emerged from the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1968, proposing that children should be instructed in their native tongue for a transitional year while learning English; before being integrated into all-English classrooms. Subjects like mathematics, science, and social studies are taught in multiple languages in an effort to keep non-English-speaking students from falling behind native-English speakers. Unfortunately, bilingual education has not generated the desired results, mainly because the model being utilized is not structured or executed correctly and ultimately, does not provide benefit to students….
The Effects of Globalization in the Secondary Education Setting
– … The described trend is evident within our school system. Taking a critical look at the structure, curriculum, and verbiage within our schools, both public and private, we find a litter of examples of how globalization has penetrated education, especially when considered from a perspective of building a “knowledge economy.” The concept of knowledge economy is one that emphasizes training students that will be immediately prepared to become a part of the workforce. This means that the school and its faculty become the responsible party for providing that training….
The Internet and Secondary Education
– The Internet and Secondary Education With the reauthorization of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act, the federal government has made available in the 2002 fiscal year through Title I and Title VI funding a total of $43,554,000,000.00 to be used to purchase technology-based products and services. (“United States Department of Education Funds,” 2002) Furthermore, according to Edgemedia, the Senate has earmarked an additional 250 billion dollars for education over the next ten years – monies which are specifically targeted toward purchasing various kinds of educational technology and addressing technology-related concerns (Schneiderman, 2001)….
Summary of Secondary Students with Learning Disabilities in Reading: Vocabulary Development
– Summary of Secondary Students with Learning Disabilities in Reading: Vocabulary Development Vocabulary is an important building tool of a child’s reading skills. Students have to understand what the words mean in order to comprehend the story as it is presented to them in the classroom. Unfortunately, that skill is rather ignored in middle school and is expected to be taught in elementary school. When those students do not grasp the concept in elementary and are pushed through to the middle school without the skill, they fall behind their classmates….