Potential Career: Flight Attendant
– The Career Exploration choice that appealed to me the most was the job of a Flight Attendant. I think that traveling the world would be very exciting and as a Flight Attendant I would have a chance to travel, meet lots of different people and experience different cultures around the world. Flight Attendants do not make a lot of money at first but I think it would be ok to work up to a higher salary, especially since Zarin said that the airline pays for your expenses. The idea of being a flight attendant is a little impossible for me….
Theme expressed in Tape by Jose Rivera
– … The Person then starts trying to tell a story about when he was ten. Immediately the attendant interrupts him and tells him that he knew that story. The Attendant knew the story because it was part of training, the training to record everything that ever happened to the Person. The next part of the play starts with the Attendant asking the Person if he was familiar with the reel-to-reel tape recorder in which the Person wasn’t. The Person was now going to start to be explained the next process which was listening to all of his lies that were recorded for this moment….
Woolf’s Advice for the Woman Artist
– Women who want to escape the label “woman writer” (as opposed to writer–the masculine norm) have had to write like one of the boys, de-sexing themselves. Super-feminine lady writers, if they stick to their nice nook, will be both praised and despised for doing what comes naturally. But the woman writer who refuses these categories blows the scheme sky-high and incurs the wrath of the gods. (Michele Roberts in The Independent, 1997) Perhaps more than any other late-twentieth century British woman writer, Jeanette Winterson has taken to heart Woolf’s advice in A Room of One’s Own that “a woman must have money and a room of her own if she is to write fiction” (4), but Winterson has also, as M…
E.M. Forster’s A Room with a View
– When E.M. Forster wrote A Room with a View in 1903, he wasn’t pleased with it, stating it was “clear and bright and well constructed, but so thin.” (Macaulay, 2007:78). This novel has become one of Forster’s most famous and well liked books. It is a satirical romantic comedy that criticizes the world of polite manners and social rules, through amusing dry wit and hilarious characterization. It is a social satire criticizing conservative Victorian British society at the beginning of the twentieth century; at a time when the Edwardian more lax standard of codes was just beginning to take hold (Leah, 2012)…. ;
Equipment Inside an Operating Room
– The operating room, sometimes called the OR, is where surgery happens in a hospital. Having surgery can be called having an operation. One kind of surgery is having tubes put in the eardrums to prevent infection in your ears and improve hearing. Someone who gets tonsillitis might need a tonsillectomy. This is when the tonsils are taken out so that you don’t get a infection in your tonsils. This kind of surgery is scheduled ahead of time so you know when to go to the hospital. Surgery might need to be done as soon as possible if someone has something that can’t be fixed with a cast or right away…. ;