Mabati Rolling Mills Case Study
– Q1. Using the Mabati Rolling Mills Case Study, explain the various sources of funds as discussed by the management of Mabati Rolling Mills. Give the advantage and disadvantage of each source. Issue Commercial Papers – It is identified in (Short Term Finance:Commercial Paper, 2008) that a commercial paper is simply unsecured short-term debt instrument issued by an organization for meeting short-term liabilities. An advantage of issuing commercial papers is that only companies with high credit ratings can do so, therefore, a company like MRM can enjoy the prestige with such an issuance….
Playing the Stock Market Game
– There are many different ways to save money and there are different things to save for. A savings plan for an immediate want is apparently different than a savings strategy for retirement. One may choose to select stocks, bonds, or mutual funds for a savings strategy, however, my personal choice is to invest in bonds first, then mutual funds. My savings strategy selection process for an immediate want includes taking a portion of my income and storing it in a money market bank account to cover the expenses, since the interest rate changes daily for money market accounts….
Stock Market Crash of 1929
– The United States signaled a new era after the end of World War 1; an era of hopefulness when many people invested their money that was under the mattresses at home or in the bank. In the 1920s, the stock market reputation did not appear to be a risky investment, until 1929. First noticeable in 1925, the stock market prices began to rise as more people invested their money. During 1925 and 1926, the stock prices vacillated but in 1927, it had an upward trend. The stock market boom had started by 1928….
The Informational Efficiency of the Stock Market
– Since the existence of stock markets, people tried to formulate models that reflect and deal as a guideline to understand how markets function. The concept of market efficiency is a major and broadly accepted hypothesis that mainly developed since the formulation of the market efficiency hypothesis by Eugene Fama, in 1970. Although the term market efficiency to economists is also a broadly known term referring to operational efficiency, this paper concentrates on the efficiency of stock markets or to be more precise the informational efficiency of the stock market….
The Invention of Electricity: Benjamin Franklin
– Electrician You walk into a dark room and flip a switch; suddenly, the room is no longer dark. Have you ever wondered how the electricity in your business or house works. Electricians study the ways to install the wiring and electrify indoor and outdoor spaces for comfort and safety. While most people take, the electricity we use for granted, electricians must know and ensure every detail is perfect. Careers in electricity require dedicated professionals who spend many hours of schooling learning about how to safely create lighted spaces and outlets for electrical components and usage….