The Need for Environmentally Friendly Vehicles
– … The easiest way to create motion for a vehicle is through burning the gasoline in a combustion engine. The combustion takes place internally so hence its name “internal combustion engine.” Nikolaus August Otto built the internal combustion engine in May 1876. Otto’s design was based partly on an earlier gas engine invented by Etienne Lenoir. Otto was the first to build a working model, but his patent was revoked in 1866 because Aphonse Beau de Rochas had patented earlier in 1862. Otto was specifically the first to build a working four-stroke combustion engine, which includes these four strokes: the intake stroke, compression stroke, combustion stroke, and the exhausted stroke….
Road Rage: Causes and Solutions
– Road rage is a major problem in the United States, anger causes stress, fear , and accidents to our roadways everyday. In this essay we will define road rage, look at the causes and effects, and come up with solutions on how to avoid an altercation with an aggressive driver who has road rage. Road rage doesn’t always involve two drivers, sometimes it deals with a driver and a pedestrian. We need to learn to deal with the anger, and prevent violence toward others on the road. Road rage affects every driver, whether you’re involved directly or indirectly…. ;
Road Safety: Intersections
– … Madden, 2007). For this reason, as the worst case scenario, a reaction time of 1.5 seconds was considered since this value was used as the maximum reaction time at intersection by Dr Dan. Also, braking distance is dependent on the condition of the road, condition of the tyres, pressure applied to the brakes and any supporting technology. Friction The friction between tyres and the road is a crucial aspect of braking. In relation to Newton’s 1st Law, friction is, most often, the unbalanced force which causes change in motion by allowing vehicles to brake (D…. ;
Road Traffic Injuries in Cameroon
– It is estimated that almost 16 000 people die every day from all types of injuries throughout the world (1). Injuries account for 12% of the global burden of disease. They are the third most important cause of overall mortality and the leading cause of death among 1–40-year-olds (2). Road traffic accidents (RTA) are responsible for the highest number of injuries worldwide. According to data published by the World Health Organization (WHO) road traffic injuries account for around 25% of all injury related deaths (1)…. ;
Desperate Times in Cormac McCarthy’s “The Road”
– A father and a son survives a cataclysmic event; the destruction of the world. They become homeless scavengers, hunting for food, looking for shelter, and following the one and only road to the coast where there might be a sign of hope. Cormac McCarthy tells us a post-apocalyptic epic. This breathtaking novel is a love story of a father and a son, which also depicts the human nature and how people can react in desperate times. The world is covered in ash. Even the sea turned grey. It’s a dull, freezing, bleak, ashen-skied wasteland in which human beings are trying to survive….