Traffic Control in the US vs Traffic in Kinshasa
– In the United States, traffic control as we know it primarily consists of road signs, traffic lights, cameras, and police officers ensure that vehicle drivers, motorcyclists, bicyclists, and trucks are following the laws; so that all can have a safe trip while on the road. It is important to have traffic control measures to prevent collisions, accidents leading deaths, and traffic congestions. In other countries, in particular certain cities, there is no modern way of controlling traffic. The city of Kinshasa, which is the capital of the Democratic Republic of the Congo, in Africa had customarily only police officers control traffic….
The Job of Police Officers
– The Job of Police Officers A police officer’s duty is to maintain public order, preventing, and detecting crime. The concept of police officers, also known as cops, and law enforcement has been around ever since the ancient Romans had a theory that an organization of “peacekeepers” would reduce the crime and violence being committed. This theory stuck with society and is still around today. People of law enforcement have a mission when they step into their police car, that mission is to enforce the rules of conduct or law….
Race-Based Traffic Stops in the US
– Imagine driving home, on a pleasant evening, after a tedious day at work. Just as you are about to arrive to your neighborhood, you notice blue and red flashing lights and pull over. It seems the police officer has no reason for stopping you, except to search your vehicle because of your suspiciously perceived skin tone. This unnecessary traffic stop, designed for people of colored skin, happens on numerous occasions and has been termed Driving While Black or Brown. Racial profiling is the act of using race or ethnicity as grounds for suspecting someone of having committed a crime….
– Thesis:Road rage is a major problem in the United States, it causes accidents, anger, fear, and danger to our roadways everyday. Audience: Anyone who struggles with anger management while driving, or the typical aggressive driver. Also teenagers, adults, and elderly people. Purpose: To inform all drivers of the unsafe and unpredictable behavior present on our roadways. Also to help understand road rage is a problem people have because of their attitude and they bring harm to others. Publication: The Eagle, Naples Daily News, or a free public postmaster on any internet resource….
Are Illegal Police Quotas Still Affecting American Citizens?
– Are Illegal Police Quotas Still Affecting American Citizens. Just this past summer, one of my good friends was driving through Harrisonburg on his way home from work, when he noticed the one thing all drivers dread, flashing blue lights closing in on him fast. While pulling to the side of the road, he realized there was not one, but two police cars behind him. He knew he had only been going five miles per hour over the speed limit, so he was worried as to why two police cars had just pulled him over….