The Road, by Cormac McCarthy
– The Road, a post-apocalyptic, survival skills fiction book written by Cormac McCarthy and published in 2006 is part of the Oprah Winfrey book club. During an interview with Oprah, McCarthy answered questions about The Road that he had never been asked before because pervious to the interview he had never been interviewed. Oprah asked what inspired the heart breaking book; it turns out that McCarthy wrote the book after taking a vacation with his son John. While on the vacation he imagined the world fifty years later and seen fire in the distant hills….
Savages of the Road
– … Strangers have no reputations, and less guilt” (Kinosian 550). Forni makes a good point. This woman did not know me personally and we will probably never see each other again, so why not act a little crazy. There are many actions drivers take that show a neglect for manners besides the one told in my story. Some drivers pull out in front of you and act like they did nothing wrong. This drives me insane. It takes a lot to slow down and not hit someone when they pull out in front of you. It is not your job to watch traffic off to the side; they should be paying attention and be considerate enough to wait until it is clear and then pull out onto the road….
Road Rage: Causes and Solutions
– Road rage is a major problem in the United States, anger causes stress, fear , and accidents to our roadways everyday. In this essay we will define road rage, look at the causes and effects, and come up with solutions on how to avoid an altercation with an aggressive driver who has road rage. Road rage doesn’t always involve two drivers, sometimes it deals with a driver and a pedestrian. We need to learn to deal with the anger, and prevent violence toward others on the road. Road rage affects every driver, whether you’re involved directly or indirectly…. ;
The Long Road Home
– The future holds a different meaning for everyone, for some it holds hope while for others it holds despair. This constant wondering about the future has influenced many works to be written about the future. Some of these works propose a blissful future, but the majority paint the picture of an unfortunate dystopian world. Recently I read Daughters of the North, a novel in which the dystopian future of England is shown. Shortly after reading Daughters of the North, I watched The Road. This film showed a similar view of the future, yet more grim and unappealing that Daughters of the North…. ;
Road Traffic Injuries in Cameroon
– It is estimated that almost 16 000 people die every day from all types of injuries throughout the world (1). Injuries account for 12% of the global burden of disease. They are the third most important cause of overall mortality and the leading cause of death among 1–40-year-olds (2). Road traffic accidents (RTA) are responsible for the highest number of injuries worldwide. According to data published by the World Health Organization (WHO) road traffic injuries account for around 25% of all injury related deaths (1)…. ;