George Herbert Mead’s Theory of Development of Self
– George Herbert Mead was a philosopher and social theorist who was born in South Hadley, Massachusetts on February 27th 1863. His theories, mostly, consisted of human development within a society. Mead attended the University of Harvard where he received his Masters in philosophy and sociology. Mead is widely recognized for his theory of development of self and his concept of “I” and “Me.” The concept of the “I” and the “Me” refers to how we act and respond. According to Mead, the “I” is a reactive response whereas; the “Me” is a developed response….
How United States Military Technology and Training Has Saved Lives
– How United States Military Technology and Training has Saved Lives Great aviation training is a must. It is best summarized with this aviation quote, “Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.” Training pilots during World War I, World II and the modern wars has advanced thru the years and we have gained a vast amount of knowledge on how and the importance of saving a pilot’s life, as well as the expensive equipment that he/she flies….
Marine Corps Uniform In The 21st Century
– The Marine Corps Commandant General James L. Jones wants to lead the Marines into the 21st century with a new camouflage utility uniform. You may ask, why do the Marines need to differentiate their uniform from other branches; or why do the Marines need a new utility uniform at all. The answer to these questions can be summed up in two words: Forward Movement. Some Marines are having difficulties with the changes that have occurred as well as the changes that are coming. On 1 May 2000 General Jones began to start the transition from the old uniform to the new uniform….
– “Freedom isn’t free” (various artists sing song) is the one quote that describes the hardship and difficulties that Madagascar has experienced, since the 7th Century all the way until their independence in June of 1960 Madagascar and its people have been in constant turmoil. Through its eventful past it is easy to see how Madagascar gained its history, culture, and religion, this is the identity that the country has shifted to over this vast amount of time. Archeologists such as Jarred Diamond, the author of “Guns, Germs, and Steel”, place the first humans in Madagascar as the Austronesian people from Indonesia around 500BC…. ;
Democratization of Taiwan
– Democratization of Taiwan Taiwan is an island country which is located off the southeast coast of China between the Taiwan Strait and the Philippine Sea. It has a land area of about 32,000 square kilometers, and claims another 3,700 square kilometers of sea around it, giving it close to a total of 36,000 square kilometers for itself. The land of Taiwan consists mainly of mountainous terrain in the east while the west has flat plains which can be compared to the middle central part of the United States…. ;