Stripping and Re-Finishing a Tile Floor
– Abstract This is a systematic paper on how to strip and re-finish tile floors. Caring for tile floors is not as simple as sweeping and mopping. They must be stripped and refinished every six months to ensure it remains looking its best. The steps include preparation of the supplies. Then there is the preparation of the floor. The next step is stripping the floor. The next step is laying the sealer and finally laying the finish. By following these instructions, the floor will look newer, longer, and with a high gloss shine….
Taking a Look at Sedum or Stonecrop
– … (See References 1, p. 54 and References 3, p. 190) Freeze-Hardy Sedum Varieties Sedums with finer, smaller leaves are generally more cold hardy and less heat tolerant than those with large leaves. (See References 3) Some frost-tolerant varieties that are hardy to USDA hardiness zones 4 through 9 include the 4-inch tall tasteless stonecrop (S. sexantulare), which grows yellow flowers and spiraling, green leaves that turn a copper color in the winter sun, and 4-inch tall lance-leave stonecrop (S….
Taking a Look at Resilient Cities
– … The goal of this governance is listed as preventing global average temperatures by more than two and a half degrees Celsius. This goal can be reached by reducing global greenhouse emissions by fifty percent by 2050, which will have to be reached by reducing fossil fuel consumption. The authors also list the consequences of not reaching this goal, which include global biodiversity loss and greatly increased severity of weather events. The remainder of chapter two covers the topic of peak oil at great length, using over twice the number of pages as the discussion on climate change….
Resilient Sacramento: An Overview of the City
– Sacramento is a big city and is the capital of California. It is the home to seven school districts as well as two universities: University of California, Davis and California State University, Sacramento. Sacramento is in the valley of California so it has many farmers with farmland and suburban areas. The reason that I have chosen Sacramento is because that is where I grew up for most of my life. It is a great city and has a lot of interesting places within. By choosing to write about Sacramento, it will give me the opportunity to learn more about where I lived, which is really important….
The Need for a Resilient Agricultural System
– … The Smallholder Agricultural System Agricultural enterprises—crop or livestock—deal with such concepts as labor supply, marketing, finances, natural resources, genetic stock, nutrition, equipment, and hazards (NIFA, 2009) and all these components interacting together, make up what is called an agricultural system. Agricultural systems are the backbone for developing countries economy and peoples livelihoods. According to Snapp and Pound (2008) most economies of the developing world are agrarian and in Sub Saharan Africa for example, agriculture employs 70% to 90% of the population and contributed to between 30 to 60% of the gross domestic product and over 60% of the exports….