A PESTLE Analysis of the UK Hospitality Industry
– In this essay I will be discussing and critically analysing each element of the PESTLE analysis within the hospitality industry, with examples to reflect each point. Also this essay will discuss how marketers should adapt to changes in the macro-environment. The PESTLE analysis is a marketing principle used to understand the relation between a company and the external environment. Murray-Webster (2010:88) states PESTLE analysis will help to capture understanding about aspects of the context by using the prompt political, economic, sociological, technological, legal and environment….
– In his well researched, intriguing and engaging article, Dr. Herve This uses his expertise to explain molecular gastronomy to scholars and amateur readers, in a credible and trusting manner. As a Physical Chemist at The Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique at AgroParisTech, This researches the scientific components of cooking. Today, This remains the “father” of molecular gastronomy, making him a credible source to discuss this topic using the investigation of culinary processes through chemistry and physics….
Cultural Concepts of Leisure
– Cultural Concepts of Leisure Modern American culture seems to have the need for discrepancy between leisure and work more than any other culture in the world. We really forget the possibility that other meanings besides our own might exist. I would like to explore the different meanings that leisure has for people of other cultural backgrounds and compare them with those of European descent. It is important to keep in mind that there is no way of regarding any culture in which the results can be taken as truth about the culture in its entirety….
Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Management
– The need for high-quality leaders in the hospitality industry has been readily recognised and is seen as critical to the long-term well-being of the industry. In recent years, the industry has undergone something of a sea change in its gender composition, with increasing numbers of females graduating from hospitality and tourism management courses. This suggests that the gender composition of managerial ranks is likely to change in the medium term, with concurrent changes in the typical leadership style valued in the industry….
Understanding Contemporary Leisure
– … He is quoted as saying leisure has in itself ‘intrinsic pleasure, intrinsic happiness, and intrinsic felicity’ (p.14). In order to achieve this freedom, Aristotle believed man should be a balance of many facets of Greek life. The ideal man was a balanced artist, musician, soldier and philosopher. Education and time spent in these areas created a better citizen in Aristotle’s eyes. Although leisure was described as a state of contentment, Aristotle did classify music and contemplation as leisure activities….