Becoming a Researcher in the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular & Cellular Biology in the Georgetown University School of Medicine
– STATEMENT OF PURPOSE “They can conquer those who believe they can” – these lines by Ralph Waldo Emerson have kept my dream alive of charting a career of research and innovation for myself. Advances are being made in the field of Biotechnology and it has emerged as a captivating and versatile field of science. Application of newer technologies has created new challenges and opportunities in this industry, but it is largely untapped resource and has large potential for continuous research. These newer challenges excite me and I am keen to try my hand at unraveling them with my skills through MS in Biotechnology and pursue a life of scholarly pursuits along with imparting the knowledge gained…
My Decision to Pursue a Career in Biomedical Sciences
– … As an undergraduate, I was a dedicated student attempting to accumulate relevant knowledge of the field. Additionally, I attended and participated in organizing several seminars and workshops related to my field of study. During my senior year, I completed my internship at the Laboratory and Blood Bank at King Abdullah Medical City as a Medical Technician Intern for which I was rewarded with the (Top Biochemistry Intern) reward from the University. For my graduating project, I participated in a study titled (Detecting Chlamydia trachomatis antigen in asymptomatic carriers using urine samples from pregnant women in Makkah)….
Mental Health and How that Affects Teens
– The mental health of teens can affect their social life. It can make a teen’s life harder then what it should and can be. It can affect them when at: work, school and socializing with friends, family and others. Depression and anxiety can be one of the largest factors that affect teens mostly. There are many other mental illnesses out there that can plague a teen, bi-polar, and schizophrenia are just a few others. There are studies from many different schools showing how this can affect teens and how it is just not a stage and that in the long run, this can affect the person for many years….
Application for a Masters of Science degree in Public Health
– … I completed my bachelor’s degree in dental hygiene from the University of Technology, Jamaica in 2013 and enrolled as a dental auxiliary by the Dental Council of Jamaica in January 2014. During my time at the University of Technology, Jamaica, I was attracted to research and public health administration when I studied modules such as health promotion/community health, oral health promotion, oral epidemiology, research methodologies, and Biostatistics. Even though I love working with my hands, I need the intellectual stimulation that comes from blending clinical experiences and research, which in turn will help me to address complex clinical problems….
Global Health Needs to Provide Mental Care to Marginalized Population
– … My contribution gives me much satisfaction because the project’s findings will reduce the mental health treatment gap, providing mental health services for the first time. In addition, I draw from and hone my leadership skills as a member of the MS Student Council at UCSF, and expand my knowledge base of diabetes as a senior research assistant with Kaiser Permanente. Despite an inquisitive mind, I spent most of my life struggling with verbal reasoning because English is my third language, after French and Arabic….