Statement of Purpose for Computer Science
– … The performance helped me in getting admission into Amrita Vishwa Vidhyapeetham, Bangalore one of the top 25 educational institutions in India. In my first year of B. Tech., We have a common curriculum covering many humanities subjects and Applied Sciences and less subjects of the core field. In my second year of under graduation, Academically I did not perform well and It was here that I understood the need to put theory into practice, and most importantly to face immense hurdles. During the course of study in third year, my encounters with Software engineering, Software testing and Software maintenance have been extremely enlightening….
Biography of John Wilder Tukey
– John Wilder Tukey was born in New Bedford, Massachusetts on June 16, 1915. He passed away the 26th of July on 2000 in Princeton; New Jersey. He was the only child of Adah M. Tasker and Ralph H. Tukey. After Tukey was born his parents decided to leave New Bedford, but when he turned five years old they decided to move back. They both were secondary teachers, but his mother did not teach full time. Before going to college Tukey received an unusual education. He had home schooling. Since he was the only child his parents were very concerned with his education….
The Work of Math Education Researcher, Richard Lesh
– As a contemporary mathematics education researcher, Richard Lesh is know for describing what has been known as models and modeling perspectives in regard to mathematical problem solving, learning, and teaching (Lesh & Doerr, 2003). Models are defined as “purposeful mathematical descriptions of situations, embedded within particular systems of practice that feature an epistemology of model fit and revision” (Lesh & Lehrer, 2003). What modeling involves is a series of tests for fitness on models developed by the students as they think mathematically about a presented problem situation….
Mathematics in Everyday Life
– Mathematics is possibly one of the most underappreciated sciences. It everywhere in our lives, mathematics runs our computers, flies our aircraft, and protects our information. But for such a major part of our lives, very few people can say that they know how it is done, how the RSA encryption protects their e-mail, or even that 21 squared is 441 without going into tedious mental calculations or reaching for their calculator. Contrary to popular belief, mathematics has a wide range of useful applications….
MATHEMATICS STUDENTS’ PERCEPTIONS TOWARDS PROGRAMMING
– Abstract. This paper presents a result of preliminary study conducted to measure Mathematics students’ perceptions towards programming, and the activities of programming in general. Sample group were students who were currently pursuing their second year degree in Mathematics with Computer Graphics (MCG) programme, who took Computer Interface Programming (CIP) course during their first semester in their current academic year. The study was conducted after a realisation that the students were reluctant in attempting programming problems in their coursework that caused a large drop in their assessments marks…. ;