Chile Miners Rescue
– The mining industry has played a central and often tragic role in Latin American history, starting with the hunger for gold and silver that drove the Spanish conquest and led to the enslavement of indigenous people. 5th August 2010, 33 Chilean miners were trapped 2,000 feet underground for over two weeks. The miners were working at a depth of around 450m (1,475ft) at the San Esteban mine, near the city of Copiapo, when the rock above them collapsed. (Herald, 2010) This was a headline around the world and forever pain for the miners and their family members….
Work of the Manager in Practice and Theoretical Explanations
– Work of the Manager in Practice and Theoretical Explanations Introduction “Manager is someone who works with and through other people by coordinating their work activities in order to accomplish organisational goals” (Robbins et al 2006, p8). Management is the process of coordinating and harmonizing people and activities towards achieving a goal efficiently and effectively (Robbins et al 2006). This project is mainly focus on the research that I did by interviewing a manager. It is analysis of jobs perform by a modern manager comparing to the theoretical aspects of management….
Description of Business Manager Credentials
– What makes a great manager. “Despite differences in their personal attributes, successful managers all excel in making, honoring, and remaking of commitments” (Sull, 2005). Commitments take many forms from capital investments to personal decisions to public statements. A mangers commitment defines what a business can and cannot do as well as the businesse’s strengths and weaknesses (Sull, 2005). However, while all good managers should be able to make, honor, and remake commitments the type of certifications, degrees, license, and experience the person will need in order to successfully do these things will depend on what type of business the manager is running (large, small, selling products…
Skills of being a professional Project Manager
– A person, full of responsibility and the same level of authority required completing a project. If a person does not have high levels of both responsibility and authority then it will not be a ‘Project Manager’. The title ‘Project Manager’ has come to be used generically to describe anyone given responsibility to complete a project. Also, it describes the activities that meet specific objectives and be used to introduce or improve new or existing products and services. As a Project Manager, if he could prove excellent leadership and interpersonal skills, he will be able to improve his skill to co-ordinate and handle his project….
The Miracle Work of a Rescue Worker
– … 2. Wilderness Search The wilderness environment comprises of the subsequent natural environments; mountains, shorelines, rivers, kloofs, wilderness, non-mountainous areas, caves, deserts and forests (8). Wilderness search can be tricky as weather conditions often change and no one can predict what is to come, therefore rescuers have to acquire skills that can be adjusted to the environment that they operate in. Cave rescue uses applications from diverse fields such as mountain, fire and medical rescue….