A Career as a Police Officer
– It would be fulfilling to be a police officer because police officers help people in the community and keep it safe. They also enforce the law. They are the reason why people can live their lives in peace. If there is anyone in the community that citizens can trust it would be the police officers. Police officers have to accomplish many things in their workday. (Career Cruising.com) They have to write detailed reports and fill out forms.(Career Cruising.com) They are responsible for making sure that people obey the law and are kept safe at all times.(Career Cruising.com) They also observe the activities of suspects.(Career Cruising.com) Cops have to gather facts and collect evidence from…
– Police corruption is a complex phenomenon, which does not readily submit to simple analysis. It is a problem that has and will continue to affect us all, whether we are civilians or law enforcement officers. Since its beginnings, may aspects of policing have changed; however, one aspect that has remained relatively unchanged is the existence of corruption. An examination of a local newspaper or any police-related publication on any given day will have an article about a police officer that got busted committing some kind of corrupt act….
Criminal Justice and Computers
– Criminal Justice and Computers Technology affects almost all aspects of society today. Family life, medicine, business, telecommunications, and social life have all been changed for both good and bad. Interesting me in particular, technology (mainly computers) has influenced the criminal justice/law enforcement field. That is my chosen profession that I hope to accomplish. A few summers ago, I had the privilege to ride along in a patrol car two times with the Michigan State Police Bay City Post….
From Warrant Officer to Police Officer
– After completing the GEMS essay it was determined that I am an Upward Mobile Analyst; a technical expert. I agree with the conclusion that was made based on my responses to the survey. As a Warrant Officer in the Army National Guard I am expected to be a technical expert in my field, radar systems. I am also expected to be an expert in my career field as a police officer. I am expected to know the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and how to judiciously enforce them. I strive to learn and retain everything I can in order to be the most proficient soldier and police officer….
Should Police Officers be Required to Maintain Physical Fitness Standards?
– In 1997, the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation conducted a study that looked at forty cases of “serious assault” against a law enforcement agency member nationwide. Of the fifty-two officers involved in the incidents, forty-seven self-identified as being in “excellent” health at the time. Each of these officers were involved in some type of physical fitness program, typically weightlifting and/or running. In these incidences of “serious assault,” law enforcement officers regularly accredited their surviving the incidence to their maintaining a high level of physical fitness….