Selecting a Disciple-Maker’s Message
– Introduction Message selection, for the disciple-maker, is an all-important endeavor. Effective disciple making does not just simply happen. Happenstance cannot be and should not be the modus operandi of one who desires to reach people with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. People are fragile and the Gospel is powerful. God has entrusted his fragile people with a powerful Gospel message. As people who have been entrusted with such a powerful Gospel, we should do everything within our means to see that it is presented in a positive and successful manner…. ;
Off Highway Vehicle Growing Recreation
– Today, Off-highway vehicle (OHV) use is one if the fastest growing recreation activities taking place on the public of the western United States. OHV includes, but is not limited to motorcycles designed for off road use, All terrain vehicles (ATVs), 4-wheel drive automobiles, and other vehicles such a sand rails or dune buggies (Cordell, Betz, Green, & Owens, 2005). As the United States population grows, so does the necessity for outdoor recreation, and OHV use is no exception; between 1982 and 2001 OHV recreation participation increased an additional 100%…. ;
Outdoor Recreation: Human Activity Damages The Natural Balance of an Area
– … Outdoor recreation builds character by challenging the spirit and fostering self-sufficiency. On a universal level, the wilderness provides a sense of wonder and excitement, reestablishing man’s bond with nature. People trek outdoors to gain knowledge of the world around them as well as feel connected to nature. In agreement with the authors of the Wilderness Management textbook, the wilderness should be managed in a way as to provide a balance between recreational opportunities and the preservation of the natural ecology, with a heavy emphasis on the latter….
Ken Sande’s The Peace Maker
– Ken Sande’s “The Peace Maker” A “biblical guide to resolving personal conflict”, this, in a nutshell is what “The Peace Maker” is all about. In this critical book review I will be taking topics from the book and giving the reader my personal views on how I either reacted or related to the topics covered. My goal for this paper is to give the reader a non-biased opinion of “The Peace Maker”, which was published by Baker Books in June of 2004. To first critique a book you must have some background information on the author himself and why he is qualified to write a book on conflict management through a biblical perspective….
Maker Movement: Everyone Can Be an Inventor
– … Since Kickstarter’s launch in 2009 they have funded 51,000 project (Kickstarter). Shapeways is another great website associated with the maker movement. It allows for inventors to create a design and send it into shapeways where they use a 3D printer method to manufacture their idea. This website has allowed for the freedom of the inventors to create whatever design they can think of and not have to worry about the manufacturing of the product (Forbes). The modern global market is alive to innovative businesses practices in the “maker movement” Indeed, we can experience this in various public events where inventors come and share or sell their ideas and products….