The Ambitious Dream of Cecil Rhodes: The Cape to Cairo Railway
– The Cape to Cairo Railway was one of the most ambitious dreams of the late nineteenth and twentieth centuries. Africa had been a target of the Europeans since as early as the seventeenth century, but the impermeable borders made it almost impossible for them to get inland. The discovery of quinine aided the Europeans in this effort, but not completely (Strage 24). Cecil Rhodes, an Englishman who lived in South Africa for most of his life, had earned all of his wealth on the treasure of South Africa….
The Need for Environmentally Friendly Vehicles
– … The easiest way to create motion for a vehicle is through burning the gasoline in a combustion engine. The combustion takes place internally so hence its name “internal combustion engine.” Nikolaus August Otto built the internal combustion engine in May 1876. Otto’s design was based partly on an earlier gas engine invented by Etienne Lenoir. Otto was the first to build a working model, but his patent was revoked in 1866 because Aphonse Beau de Rochas had patented earlier in 1862. Otto was specifically the first to build a working four-stroke combustion engine, which includes these four strokes: the intake stroke, compression stroke, combustion stroke, and the exhausted stroke….
The Death Railway of World War II
– Abstract The saying of, “Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it” is one that deserves more focus. One might ask, “Why?” The answer is the fact that countless events in history have been overlooked and forgotten. Such is the case of the Thai- Burma Railway also known as the “Death Railway”, a line between Bang Pong and Thanbyuzayat. This, in and of itself is a tragedy. The inhuman conditions of thousands of POW’s as they labored in the Thai-Burma jungle during World War II is something that should never be forgotten…. ;
Railway Level Crossing
– A level crossing is the point at which the railway crosses over either a public or private road on the same level. There are many different types of level crossings including road level crossings for vehicles, and pedestrian level crossings for people. All crossings have a form of protection, and the users has a responsibility to contribute to the safety of a level crossing. The users should aware the dangerous may occurs at level crossing area. Users are respondsible to keep themselve or others safe during use a level crossing area…. ;
Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
– … These two types are proposed by Fujimura . Arai and Ota proposed hybrid solutions combining on-line, off-line, centralized or decentralized mythologies. As distinction UAVs path planning problem needs to take into account different considerations. • Stealth, route must be created to avoid radar detection. To do this, velocity of UAV and altitude of UAV might be considered. • Range, turning angle, maximum and minimum speed of UAV might be considered. • Multiple UAVs might be used to accomplish task…. ;