How to Control Train Operations on a Track
– Executive Summary In traditional signaling system on railway application, it used the Fixed Block System (FBS) and Moving Block System (MBS) is commonly employed to control train operation on track. On this system when a leading train has stop moving it will block the behind follow as train operation. If a leading train is halt on track for any unexpected reasons for a long time. That will be a big jam-up occurs on track. For this dense queue result, the unexpected interaction situation between running trains when they begin to move again….
Creative Writing: THe Chennai Express Train of India
– … He checked for the arrival of the train. It would reach the railway station at 5pm. Harish had acquired the manners and attitudes of the upper class. He hardly ever spoke Hindustani and fancied his English, refined at no less a place than Oxford University. Harish wondered if he would be travelling alone or if some English officers might be on the train. His heart warmed at the prospect of an exciting conversation. Walking into his first-class compartment, he was dismayed by its emptiness….
The Ambitious Dream of Cecil Rhodes: The Cape to Cairo Railway
– The Cape to Cairo Railway was one of the most ambitious dreams of the late nineteenth and twentieth centuries. Africa had been a target of the Europeans since as early as the seventeenth century, but the impermeable borders made it almost impossible for them to get inland. The discovery of quinine aided the Europeans in this effort, but not completely (Strage 24). Cecil Rhodes, an Englishman who lived in South Africa for most of his life, had earned all of his wealth on the treasure of South Africa….
The Death Railway of World War II
– Abstract The saying of, “Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it” is one that deserves more focus. One might ask, “Why?” The answer is the fact that countless events in history have been overlooked and forgotten. Such is the case of the Thai- Burma Railway also known as the “Death Railway”, a line between Bang Pong and Thanbyuzayat. This, in and of itself is a tragedy. The inhuman conditions of thousands of POW’s as they labored in the Thai-Burma jungle during World War II is something that should never be forgotten…. ;
Ezra Pound’s In a Station of the Metro
– Ezra Pound’s In a Station of the Metro Before this week, I had never read any poetry by Ezra Pound. I noticed immediately that many of the poems are very short. “In a Station of the Metro,” for example, is two lines. In the essay “Imagism,” the second rule of imagistes is said to be “to use absolutely no word that did not contribute to the presentation.” I think this rule helps explain why some of Pound’s poems are so short. Obeying the second rule of imagistes will be harder the longer the poem is….