Transportation and How it Affects Logistics
– Transportation is one of the largest industries in the world. It is the most costly and time consuming of the supply chain. Transportation refers to the movement of products and raw materials from one destination to another. This process begins from the supply chain to the shipping of the finished product to the consumer. For we know that products are rarely produced in the same location. We as people depend on transportation because it moves goods and people from one place to another. Transportation is a key element in the logistic chain….
Overview of Modes of Transportation in Logistics
– Overview of Modes of Transportation in Logistics Transportation modes are considered to be an essential component of the transport systems since they are the primary means of all mobility support (Barter and Raad 2000). There are several opinions that logistics can function with or without modes of transportation, but there is always a logistical failure if one of the modes are not present. Transportation plays a vital part in history today, and provides a road towards longevity of logistics in the future….
Online Shopping: Product Availability and Logistics
– Table of Contents Introduction 1 Online shops, Logistics and the Last Mile Problem 3 The E-Commerce Platform’s Accessibility and Availability 6 Efficient Customer Response and Quick Response 8 Conclusion 10 References 11 Introduction Online shops are an alternative to traditional shopping methods, but do they solve product availability issues in a viable way, and are traditional shopping methods preferred over online shopping. Morris, B (2013) points out that more consumers prefer online shopping as 70 % of 3,000 online shoppers surveyed in February 2013 in a study performed by the United Parcel Service Inc….
Third Party Logistic Services
– … As the vital competence required to succeed for many companies is the innovativeness, it is empirically established fact that businesses that have better innovation management structure are more advantageous than those who do not have proper innovation management system. Being competitive and maintaining competitive advantage has become very complicated for companies because of progressively more complex and hyper-competitive environment. Customers are demanding more customized products or services….
– Logistics Management “Logistic is the process of planning, implementing and controlling the efficient, effective flow of goods storage of goods, services and related information from the point of origin to the point of consumption for the purpose of conforming to customer requirements” Logistics exists to satisfy customer requirements by facilitating relevant manufacturing and marketing operation. The main responsibility of logistic is the geographical positioning of raw materials, work in process and finished inventories at the lowest possible cost….